Going to propose to my girlfriend....
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    There is a lot of wisdom and experience amongst the forum members and I seek the guidance of these wise men....

I am going to propose to my girlfriend and I'm looking for ideas on how to go about this momentous and romantic occasion.

How was it for you? What are your stories?
    We're in 'Bat Country' now....

I did it over the phone. She was living in Florida and I was in Maryland. We talked about it for about an hour and at the end of it I said the next time you get up here we will go shopping for a ring. Must have worked. I moved to Florida and we have been married for 13 years. I guess I'm saying there is no right or wrong way just go for it and if she loves you it won't make a difference how you do it.

You'd want to involve the TW200 somehow, no?? --

There is no need to be elaborate. Just find a place that means a lot to you both now or that you hope will mean a lot to you both in the future, grab a knee, and pop the question.

Make sure she has cell coverage cause she's gonna burn her minutes up afterwards!

Good luck and enjoy the moment.

I have been married for almost 8 years and it only feels like 10 minutes. Underwater.
    Custom 1998 TW200 Build Thread Hidden Content | 2003 TW200 | 2009 KLX351

Take her to a pub (on the TW of course). Get her good and drunk, then pop (ask) the question. Make sure she's very, very drunk. If she remembers in the morning and still wants to marry you, your good to go!

Seriously, ask her at a place and time she least expects it.Good luck!

My wife proposed to me on a trip on our way to a retirement party (for someone else, dang it)! She was always asking me what I was thinking. On this trip she asked again and I said you first. She said she would like to marry me. I said I wasn't expecting that...and then I said I would like to marry her too! So we did.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

For me it was easy! My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were going to buy a house together and she says to me....."I suppose we should get married if we are going to buy a house" What could I say, that was 20 years ago.

RUN!

Best advice so far!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    RUN!

Sounds like a great idea....... I think it would be cute ( ) to make yourself a banner that you could pull behind the TW. This would be kind of like was done behind small planes many years ago. You can buy some fabric and use some big marking pens. Mount it high enough so it will be about eye level and easy to read and use a little drag shoot to keep the banner up and readable at low speed. Attach it to the bike with some cord that would brake-away should the banner get caught on anything.

Now, if your "Girlfriend" works and you know her route home, you park out of the way and wait for her to pass by in the car. You then pull out in the TW, unfurl your banner (Cindy, will U MARRY ME ?). You then catch up to her car (ideally on an open slow stretch of road) and slowly drive along side as to get her attention. Once she looks over at you, you smile and make silly kissey, kissey motions and then speed up so she can see & read you banner... Safety is everything, you don't want her to rear-end a stopped car while trying to read your sign...

Another idea would be to use the banner and simply drive back and forth in front of her house beeping your horn. If she does not see you, some neighbor will and give her a call about the weird-O driving up and down the street...

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN.. turns life into a real learning experience.

Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Sounds like a great idea....... I think it would be cute ( ) to make yourself a banner that you could pull behind the TW. This would be kind of like was done behind small planes many years ago. You can buy some fabric and use some big marking pens. Mount it high enough so it will be about eye level and easy to read and use a little drag shoot to keep the banner up and readable at low speed. Attach it to the bike with some cord that would brake-away should the banner get caught on anything.

Now, if your "Girlfriend" works and you know her route home, you park out of the way and wait for her to pass by in the car. You then pull out in the TW, unfurl your banner (Cindy, will U MARRY ME ?). You then catch up to her car (ideally on an open slow stretch of road) and slowly drive along side as to get her attention. Once she looks over at you, you smile and make silly kissey, kissey motions and then speed up so she can see & read you banner... Safety is everything, you don't want her to rear-end a stopped car while trying to read your sign...

Another idea would be to use the banner and simply drive back and forth in front of her house beeping your horn. If she does not see you, some neighbor will and give her a call about the weird-O driving up and down the street...

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN.. turns life into a real learning experience.

Gerry
    This should cost you your man card, and you should be punished for all eternity by being required to wear plaid shorts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links