Too close to home for Washington state residents....mall shooting...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Too close to home for Washington state residents....mall shooting...

Too close to home for Washington state residents....mall shooting...

I am shocked and saddened by last nights mall shooting.

This happened at the very Macy's I frequent so often on a Friday night with my best friend when we drive over to Burlington for dinner.

I am thankful that I decided to go out to dinner with my cousins to meet up with some friends who were up visiting from L.A. rather than my usual Friday night dinner with my best friend. We were sitting in Olive Garden just one mile away from the Cascade Mall when one of my cousin's husbands called to see exactly where we were. He told her the news and moments later we took note of all the emergency and law enforcement vehicles speeding past our restaurant window. That continued the entire time we were dining.

We had plans to go across the street to Costco but we called before leaving the Olive Garden and Costco said they were in lock-down mode because the shooter was still on the loose. We heard reports that a lot of roads were blocked so we were concerned about getting our visitors back to their hotel and ourselves back to Whidbey Island. Thank goodness the route we took was not blocked but there was a lot police presence the entire drive home.

They have still not caught the shooter nor have they released the names of the five people who were killed. I am feeling so sad for their families; both the victims and the shooter's.

I have plans to take a trip to Europe soon and have had friends concerned and questioning me about my safety while traveling to a foreign country. This just goes to show that we really aren't safe anywhere so it's best to live life.

Don't forget to hug and appreciate your friends and family when you part each day......
    Currently enjoying a great mix...
    2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2013 Yamaha TW-200 & 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 TourerHidden Content

Well what do you expect in a city that is so wild that they host an annual bumbershoot festival.

I can only wonder how many bumbers get shot every year.
    Phelonius

What's a bumber and are they good eating?
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The world we live in.
    Last weekend when a bomb went off in Seaside, NJ (and they found a couple more)... hey that's where all the kids go for After-Prom since I was in High School. My oldest daughter went 10 years ago, my youngest 4 months ago. You'd never think of such an out-of-the-way place was a "target".
    Over the next day or two they caught the guy thank God after he blew another one in NYC where you always know someone is looking to make a statement.
    Last edited by stagewex; 09-25-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Glad you're safe Dette.
    Lots of "crazies" out there motivated by many a thing that seems irrational to most of us.
    Hard for anyone to detect the Lone Duchebag/ Lone Gunman in advance. One can only interdict them in the act like the armed off-duty policeman who took down the active shooter the other day.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    What's a bumber and are they good eating?
    Bumbershoot Festival is a music festival in Seattle ..... nothing to do with the terrible tragedy that occurred in 65 miles away in Burlington, WA.
    2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2013 Yamaha TW-200 & 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 TourerHidden Content

Always saying a little prayer for you Dette my friend. Glad you are ok!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Update.... they caught a suspect shooter.......Here I was feeling safe and sound last night when I got home after the 30 mile drive from where the shootings happened.

Then, this afternoon, they arrest the suspect only a half mile from my house, he and his family live in my town, he graduated with my nephew's son. Odd to think that people I know actually know someone that could do something as evil as this.....crazy!!!

Are you saying that no bumbers were harmed during a festival called bumber shoot?

Now if you want serious insanity in the great Pacific Northwet, go to Port Townsend next weekend.
    That be the 1st and 2nd of October for the great Kinetic Skulpture race. An awesome display of insanity not only permitted but encouraged,
    complete with a costume ball and dance in the legion hall on Saturday night.
    There are several tent camping grounds around the edges of town cause at this late date a motel probably won't have a vacancy.
    Get there Friday morning to be in on the whole thing. It is over with by Sunday morning for your trip home.
    Last edited by phelonius; 09-24-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Phelonius

I don't even know what to say Dette. I'm glad you and those you know are ok. This saddens me to here. You and the families are in my thoughts.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links