How To Stretch Boots While Annoying The Wife
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: How To Stretch Boots While Annoying The Wife

How To Stretch Boots While Annoying The Wife

My new Formas are a little tight above the arch even though I followed the size chart ( length is good) so I decided to stretch the leather a bit using one of several proven techniques: Let water as it expands 4% while freezing to do the stretching. I filled several Nitrile gloves with water, tied them tight, and worked them down filling the foot bed hopefully with no air pockets. Then stuffed the ankle zone to stop glove migration and put them in the freezer before the wife could find them and question my sanity. If not relegated to the doghouse I plan to retrieve them tomorrow, de-frost , remove water balloon like gloves and test wear the boots.

Next technique to fine tune needs a leather conditioner afterwards to restore moisture but a 70% isopropyl alcohol spray/soak supposedly softens leather nicely. I'll wet outside well while wearing boots and walk around 'till they dry.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

EWB
    Personally I think you picked up Jeffrey Dahmer's fridge at a local garage sale and are just showing off.
    TopPredator and dette like this.

LOL!! Fillet of soul anyone? I was gonna go with the formas but I think im gonna end up with the sidi trials boots
    dette and TopPredator like this.
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Honey...This steak is good but it's a little tough and whats this plastic piece I'm chewing on?

Man - this steak is tough as shoe leather!

Fred, you are a brave, brave man! If I would have done that I would have had to take the wife to dinner for a couple of days to keep her from looking in the freezer.
    Tallahasseetw and Wild Bill like this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

I put away groceries and cooked dinner last night just so she wouldn't peek in the freezer. I think I got away with it.

The ice technique seems to have worked to stretch the leather as needed. I should be able to walk in comfort now.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-30-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Dave's bread, good stuff.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I gotta new nick name for your boots "Arches N.P." Although only your feet will want to play there. Hey where's Fred? Out in ArchesN.P. somewhere.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Speaking of Arches how about this arch of stars , the Milky Way , over Haleakala Crater, Maui? 'Tis a grand place to visit @ ~ 10,000 ft, especially for sunrise and sunset as one is above most of the clouds. The truly hardy can hike down through various climatic regimes to the Hana coastline to the east. The slightly less hardy can rent a bicycle for the 9,000 ft plus paved descent to the west. Either way take a rain coat for passing through the cloud forests. I assume it is OK to Hi-jack my own thread.2016finalist05.jpg
    Last edited by Fred; 09-30-2016 at 01:02 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Too bad so much of the world can no longer see it. All the background light washes it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links