10 Places to Retire on a Social Security Budget
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 10 Places to Retire on a Social Security Budget

10 Places to Retire on a Social Security Budget

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-pla...110000230.html

Well...whaddayaknow, I live in one of them!!
    Tweaker and Wild Bill like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I feel like I am being profiled.
    littletommy and Wild Bill like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Holy moly, I must be retired. Boise is the first one on the list! Funny, I don't feel retired.
    Tweaker, littletommy and Wild Bill like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If you are looking for a place to rent stay out of Palo Alto, Calif.

55'X110' lot size at the most. About a mile or a mile and a half from Stanford University.

Elegant Home in Desirable North Palo Alto... - Midtown Realty - Palo Alto Real Estate
    littletommy likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I seem to be doing Okay here in Paradise.
    Phelonius

105000 a year in mortgage. hope you dont wanna eat or have a car. For that matter work on that house. I like how it doesnt ever say the total price on the page, just the monthly reaming. I cant unterstand why folks pay that much to live where there are too many other people and congestion everywhere. I was in palo alto a couple years ago for a wedding and I hope to never go back. At this wedding I talked to the fella sitting next to me whom was local. He had some crazy high zoot job working crazy hours so he could barely afford his housing and transportation. I told him about what I do at what our cost of living is here not to mention I take off 8 weeks a year and it was like he had no idea you didnt have to live that way. Im not saying yakima is all that, but atleast find some middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    If you are looking for a place to rent stay out of Palo Alto, Calif.

55'X110' lot size at the most. About a mile or a mile and a half from Stanford University.

Elegant Home in Desirable North Palo Alto... - Midtown Realty - Palo Alto Real Estate
    Tweaker, Wild Bill and littletommy like this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    105000 a year in mortgage.
    That is not mortgage, that is RENT.

Rentals - Midtown Realty - Palo Alto Real Estate
    Wild Bill likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

How much is a social security retirement check per month?

The Colorado Springs median rent gets you into about a 1 bedroom apt, maybe in a non-terrifying neighborhood; you will still have to pay utilities. Vehicle registration in Colorado is insane because our lovely Democrap gov Ritter from a few years ago tacked on this bridge fee to EVERY vehicle you register. We just got a 2016 Honda Odyssey and if I didn't have disabled vet plates (all fees waived for registration), it would have cost us around $525 dollars. Colorado Springs proper tax rates are about 8.25% -- also lucked out since we live outside city limits, so it knocked it down to 5.3% tax on the vehicle.

Anything in Denver metro area (Denver, Littleton, etc.), automatically tack on another $1k per month of rent, more taxes, less quality of life, etc.

A $1200 mortgage per the article puts you in Fountain, Security, or someplace like that; if the Springs, the house will be in a crappy neighborhood. The house will be small with maybe a 1 car garage from the 1960's (small), regardless of neighborhood.

$1300 is the average SS check and it's not enough to make it in most of these areas unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CS1983 View Post
    How much is a social security retirement check per month?

The Colorado Springs median rent gets you into about a 1 bedroom apt, maybe in a non-terrifying neighborhood; you will still have to pay utilities. Vehicle registration in Colorado is insane because our lovely Democrap gov Ritter from a few years ago tacked on this bridge fee to EVERY vehicle you register. We just got a 2016 Honda Odyssey and if I didn't have disabled vet plates (all fees waived for registration), it would have cost us around $525 dollars. Colorado Springs proper tax rates are about 8.25% -- also lucked out since we live outside city limits, so it knocked it down to 5.3% tax on the vehicle.

Anything in Denver metro area (Denver, Littleton, etc.), automatically tack on another $1k per month of rent, more taxes, less quality of life, etc.

A $1200 mortgage per the article puts you in Fountain, Security, or someplace like that; if the Springs, the house will be in a crappy neighborhood. The house will be small with maybe a 1 car garage from the 1960's (small), regardless of neighborhood.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    $1300 is the average SS check and it's not enough to make it in most of these areas unfortunately.
    That's because SS is a Ponzi scheme scam
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links