Who has the MG Midget?
Close

I remember seeing pictures in the old forum of someone with an MG Midget. I have had one for a number of years and it is absolutely the most unreliable vehicle that I have ever owned. It rates up there with my old BSA as a beautiful but mechanically horrible design. I really don't know why I keep it. That being said, who has the yellow Midget?
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

Right in the middle of Florida, 87 TW200, Also own Cherokee, stay at home Dad, son in Army.
    I had one and loved it. I sure do wish I still had it.

I have never had a Midget but have had 3 Morris Minors (2 door, convertible and traveller wagon), 3 Triumph Spitfires (Series I, II and III) and a Land Rover. Now I would REALLY like to get a Caterham 7! I have never thought of any of these as unreliable - its just that they have more "character" than most other vehicles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Brits like their beer at room temperature since Lucas makes their refrigerators. I had a '66 Spitfire Mark II.
    The greatest trick that Jay64 ever pulled was convincing the world he did exist.

I have a 1960 MGA and love it!! I call the B's and Midgets the poor man's sportscar. 90% of the parts are available and not really expensive.

Not the yellow one being looked for, but here is a photo of my dad's 1970 MG Midget. He restored it from a basket case to what you see now. And what has been said before of the mechanical reliability, or lack thereof, all true. Now days he drives it around locally and does not stray to far from home should it break down. Rode with him a couple of summers ago in it, and when we went through the small towns it felt like driving in a parade, everyone stared and waved. We waved back of course and felt embarrassed as its just a car after all.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

nice! I drove an MGA from Daytona Beach to North Carolina and back, never a problem purred like a kitten. It was an adventure and took a quart every 300 miles.

Sponosred Links