Survivor of Deadly Motorcycle Crash Found Nearly 30 Hours Later
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Survivor of Deadly Motorcycle Crash Found Nearly 30 Hours Later

Survivor of Deadly Motorcycle Crash Found Nearly 30 Hours Later

Motoad and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Wow
    It must have been torture to hear all the traffic on the road but NOT able to move.
    Last edited by JagLite; 11-07-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Duh, I left out the important word
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

I had a friend in WV back in the early 80s who died after hitting a tree. He busted his leg and bled out before anyone found him. It's was sad Charlie had a wife and three kids. I often wondered what he went through before he died.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I tend to ride off road solo and wander a bit- a dangerous combination. And I've been lucky in that area, but I am planning for next year's riding season more than I ever have in the past, and I'm confident I'm improving my odds of survival or even riding back from a mechanical failure. Doesn't mean I still can't ride off a cliff and die with no trace of my corpse- I'm simply trying to improve my odds a bit.

As much love I have for new technology, I typically disdain tech in the wild. However, I will probably get a FindMeSpot satellite tracking device next year. It's simple, allegedly robust, and if you can see the sky, you can probably send an SOS with your location; and allow someone to see your last recorded location if the device is busted or no signal is present.

And for the first time ever, I'll carry a first aid kit. Not a mosquito bite, rash, and headache kit; but a, 'if I don't stop this bleeding I'll die' kind of kit. I'm looking for those Israeli blood clotting pads, and the like.

I knew a guy who broke his back riding, and because his cell and first aid kit was left packed in his bike, it was 4 days before he was found. He's now paralyzed from the waist down, and his doctors had said if they had gotten to him within the first 24 hours and administered steroids, he may not be paralyzed.
    Last edited by ViolatingLlama; 10-31-2016 at 10:09 AM.

You should always have your phone on you, and not on the bike. A loud whistle too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolatingLlama View Post
    I tend to ride off road solo and wander a bit- a dangerous combination. And I've been lucky in that area, but I am planning for next year's riding season more than I ever have in the past, and I'm confident I'm improving my odds of survival or even riding back from a mechanical failure. Doesn't mean I still can't ride off a cliff and die with no trace of my corpse- I'm simply trying to improve my odds a bit.

As much love I have for new technology, I typically disdain tech in the wild. However, I will probably get a FindMeSpot satellite tracking device next year. It's simple, allegedly robust, and if you can see the sky, you can probably send an SOS with your location; and allow someone to see your last recorded location if the device is busted or no signal is present.

And for the first time ever, I'll carry a first aid kit. Not a mosquito bite, rash, and headache kit; but a, 'if I don't stop this bleeding I'll die' kind of kit. I'm looking for those Israeli blood clotting pads, and the like.

I knew a guy who broke his back riding, and because his cell and first aid kit was left packed in his bike, it was 4 days before he was found. He's now paralyzed from the waist down, and his doctors had said if they had gotten to him within the first 24 hours and administered steroids, he may not be paralyzed.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

File a Flight Plan!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatingLlama View Post

Xracer-Props, file a flight plan!

VL- Whatever your choice of Locator, I never leave home without it. Pinging from one location for several hours will surely perk my family search & rescue lists interest.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Pack some good rope. Pretty amazing what you can use it for to get out of trouble. I also second the loud whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Pack some good rope. Pretty amazing what you can use it for to get out of trouble. I also second the loud whistle.
    Yes, I prefer the Amsteel 3/16 due to light weight and 3000+ lb capacity.
    As for a whistle, Amazon has some great "disposable" $5.00 straight knives which amazingly keep a good edge, with a hard plastic sheath with a whistle built in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TrailWinder View Post
    Yes, I prefer the Amsteel 3/16 due to light weight and 3000+ lb capacity.
    As for a whistle, Amazon has some great "disposable" $5.00 straight knives which amazingly keep a good edge, with a hard plastic sheath with a whistle built in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3/16" huh. I was thinking more along the lines of paracord. I think it would be almost as versitile, and packs much lighter. Hell, they're making bracelets and knife handles out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links