Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By Xracer

Thread: 50 States Ranked for Highest Motorcycle Ownership

50 States Ranked for Highest Motorcycle Ownership

50 States Ranked for Highest Motorcycle Ownership: You Won't Guess Who's No. 2 -- The Motley Fool

Wasn't really expecting these results. I figured California might have the highest ratio of riders...
    jtstdub and bad luck like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I read their chart way different than they do based on the title. The highest motorcycle ownership is California at over 800,000. Roughly 10% of all motorcycles are registered in California. Out of 50 states, that's way more than the #2 state.

Number of bikes per population isn't the same as highest motorcycle ownership by my definition.

Just my opinion.

Oh, I'd also argue that owning a motorcycle and riding a motorcycle are two different things. I would bet those #1, 2 and 3 states listed put on less miles than the average California rider does if, for no other reason than we have the weather for it. Also, we have the views for it. Nothing beats riding in California for spectacular views and the weather.

California has more motorcycles than the top 8 states combined!
    Last edited by Ski Pro 3; 10-31-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    littletommy, Rockit and bad luck like this.
    The bear slayer!

There ya go Ski, that's more like it. Just wish I was in Cali again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    I read their chart way different than they do based on the title. The highest motorcycle ownership is California at over 800,000. Roughly 10% of all motorcycles are registered in California. Out of 50 states, that's way more than the #2 state.

Number of bikes per population isn't the same as highest motorcycle ownership by my definition.

Just my opinion.

Oh, I'd also argue that owning a motorcycle and riding a motorcycle are two different things. I would bet those #1, 2 and 3 states listed put on less miles than the average California rider does if, for no other reason than we have the weather for it. Also, we have the views for it. Nothing beats riding in California for spectacular views and the weather.

California has more motorcycles than the top 8 states combined!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

True story. If they did some statistical anlysis of motorcycle commuters/daily drivers instead of just ownership, I'm sure that table would be completely different.
    littletommy likes this.

There's a bunch of bikes down here. Thing is they only get ridden to the nearest breakfast or lunch spot with maybe a few bars in between.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links