Moonrocks Monster Bash
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Moonrocks Monster Bash

Moonrocks Monster Bash

This Halloween a local motorcycle club hosted another event at our Moon Rocks ORV area that featured a junior class race of little kiddies in costumes ride through this terrain with decorated helmets, goofy costumes and Superman capes trailing behind. I could not find any photos but here is a video that shows some of the terrain. It was hilarious to watch these kids zoom through the odd rock formations. Really nice motorcycle-themed family event
    .More rockcrawling @ moonrocks in nevada - YouTube

I fell here once on Betty Boop while carefully trying to trials ride...that rock is unforgiving and I hurt for a good two months.
    Last edited by Fred; 10-31-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    Rider21, admiral and mhomadness like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

There is place in the high cascade in Washington also called the Moon Rocks. It too is a favorite among rock crawlers and dirt bikers.
    They invited me along in the mid nineties when I had my first TW. They told me they would find room in back of one of their rigs to carry my TW when I failed to negotiate the trail.
    I showed them all up the whole 2 days. Several of their machine had serious breakdown problems, but the Dub took it all in stride.
    littletommy and mhomadness like this.
    Phelonius

I've tried to be nice but this is it!! STOP PLAYING AROUND IN MY DRIVEWAY!!!!!!! You in the blue pickup. The Mail lady had to wait 10 minutes for your non-driving azz to get out of the way!!
    Fred, Dryden-Tdub and mhomadness like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Been to moon rocks a few times. Slid down a steep sandy hill. fun place!
    mhomadness likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Evan, did you come across wild mustangs while you were at Moon Rocks? images.jpeg
    They can be thick as fleas at times in some Reno neighborhoods.stopped.jpg
    You likely drove right by this place where the BLM would happily let you adopt one and take home with you.palomino_valley_center.Par.15197.Image.-1.-1.1.gif.jpeg
    They have burros for the asking also.WildDonkeys-WS.jpg
    Some suburbs have gopher infestations, here often most lawn damage comes from hooves.horses-walking.jpg
    While cute in the urban environment I prefer them in the wild setting. Years past would repeatedly spook several herds from a helicopter 400 ft off the deck flying uranium surveys back and forth in Steen's Mtn area, Oregon. The glares given by regal brood mares and stallions before they took off made me feel real guilty. "Sorry guys".
    admiral and mhomadness like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Wow Fred, I wouldn't have ever thought this. I suppose they see the grass is greener on the other side of the fence so-to-speak! Awesome!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yeah, there are neighborhoods where one has to dodge road apples in the streets ,while the lawns get pooped on and the landscaping munched. The urban mustangs tend to become acclimated to people and do not spook easily.horses-walking.jpg
    The whole wold mustang issue locally is a hot subject with everyone seemingly hating the BLM's efforts. Herds are overpopulated for the available grazing and the cattlemen want the limited forage for their livestock. BLM rounds up hundreds annually, euthanizes the sickly, sterilizes many of the healthy and tries to adopt out as many as possible. Animal rights activists say the BLM does too much, ranchers say BLM doesn't do enough. They are cute to look at until it is your prized landscaping that gets munched. Certainly the helicopter herding into enclosures appears cruel on the surface but it is the only effective way to round large groups up.
    Come get your horse Evan!
    Last edited by Fred; 11-01-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

. I'll pass on the horse Fred. I didn't see any mustangs at moon rocks but did see them when I was on Lousetown road which is east of Reno and heads to Virginia city. I thank this would be great to go on again for a group ride. Pretty easy but scenic ride thru the high desert. Has petroglyes to look at and plenty of "wild" horses to look at. I stopped to take a pic of the old stone toll building and a "wild" horse was about 30 feet from me. This is cool trail because it was the original wagon trail that connected reno to VC. (so I have been told). Eat lunch in historic VC and head back. I loved riding it and at the petroglypes there were about 15 UtVs with some very friendly people riding them. Munched on salsa and chips and drank a few cold beers they offered me before heading to VC for lunch. who knows, they might have been relatives of old Hoss, Ben, little joe or Adam......
    mhomadness and littletommy like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Wild mustangs- Yum, spencer steak!

http://theweek.com/articles/467306/6...ly-tastes-like
    Last edited by phelonius; 11-01-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Xracer likes this.
    Phelonius

Wilberrrr.....Why do you have that fork and knife in your hannnnd?
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links