Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Funny but Sadly True

Funny but Sadly True

2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Funny .
    I am trying to hire a new HVAC guy to our team and I have had a millennia or tow come thru in the past year and I will give them a few questions to answer and ask them a few questions and you would not believe it when I tell you that I have had "I CAN U TUBE IT" to wire a three phase motor,
    Sheesh,
    How am I going to hire THAT GUY ?

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    Funny .
    I am trying to hire a new HVAC guy to our team and I have had a millennia or tow come thru in the past year and I will give them a few questions to answer and ask them a few questions and you would not believe it when I tell you that I have had "I CAN U TUBE IT" to wire a three phase motor,
    Sheesh,
    How am I going to hire THAT GUY ?
    Well.................

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ee+phase+motor

They were correct

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

While I know any of the generations can be criticized by another, I feel really good inside when they rip the millennials!lol8.gif
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Hard for a generation to build Tiffany cufflinks with "Greatest Generation" and Hippy generation turd policies, laissez-faire morality, and the ridiculous notions instilled in them.

If we want parents to be responsible for their children, then the mirror needs to be looked into at a generational level.

I dunno. I was raised with "Don't trust Whitey" & "never trust anyone over 40" . Then I turned 40......and realized that though all my good friends and coworkers were Brown, I was white. Hypocrisy in action. Though I still don't trust Whitey.
    Folks have been critical about generations since the dawn of time, nothing new. I just wish the current gen in control would give more thought about the generations to come and the legacy left to them. Reagan put forth the feeling that it just doesn't matter because god made the planet for us to use, no need to conserve or plan for future. I would have to disagree with that policy myself.
    scotti158 likes this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Born in 1949, I grew up in the hippie generation. I didn't buy into the hippie thinking, and didn't protest the war in Viet Nam, or our government. Didn't think JFK was the greatest president, or that Nixon was the worst. But I have to wonder if our generation is mostly responsible for the schooling of these kids who think they are owed a two hundred thousand dollar house as their first house, and the same dollar amount as their first annual salary??? Don't know the answer to this, but it is an interesting question.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Born in 1949, I grew up in the hippie generation.

ImaPoser.gifMy mom and dad were in the hippie generation. They put flower stickers on the red barn painted 1952 Chevy pickup truck...and the Corvair Van. I don't think the Corvair Van got painted barn red. I did sit not running just as much as the Chevy pickup, though! They went on a motorcycle trip to the Black Hills on a 1960 something Bridgestone 175 with bolted on doorstep milk bottle containers as panniers. You know the ones where the milkman put the milk bottles in to keep them cool until you got home. I got to ride this motorcycle when I was 14 or 15. Then it was gone. Darn hippies! lol8.gif
    Hippie Motorcycle Pannier!

Funny thing, even though I was born many many years after they, I'm still considered to be in the baby boomer generation just like them. What the .... !
    Last edited by admiral; 11-21-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

The critisizing of receiving a 'participation trophy' doesn't make any sense to me. Who gave these children these trophies? Surely it wasn't their decision, but the Baby Boomers and Generation Xers raising them, right? I don't think children play sports for recognition or trophies. Kids don't really understand the attraction of money or pussy yet, they just play for the sake of it. It has to be the league's/parent's/whoever's fault for handing out trophies to the shitty teams. I mean I understand the allure of blaming the next guy so that all the problems we created magically don't seem like our fault, but that one excuse just doesn't make sense.

great video!! hit the nail right on the head. like a lot of us, I spent my teens in the sixties, I had the long hair, for a while, but that was the closest thing to be coming a hippie. I had no time for drugs and sitting around, there were way too many things to do. none of my friends ever had a thought of killing themselves because something didn't go the way they wanted, you just did a 180 and went another direction, simple. I was taught when an elder was speaking, then you shut up and listened and learned something, not like todays kids who have been rewarded so much that they know it all and don't have to listen until things go wrong and then it is the end of the world for them. as wrong as it maybe, I enjoy seeing a millennial get a good slap, and that is another thing, when did a good slap ever hurt anyone?? I'm getting all wound up now, I had better go and find something to do.
    Last edited by grewen; 11-21-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    admiral, Dryden-Tdub, Fred and 4 others like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links