having a heck of a time trying to upload avatar photo
Close

like the title says, can't get pic small enough to work. Im using macbook pro with iPhoto. Any help would be appreciated
    2005 TW200

T-dub+rifle+predator calls=FUN!

Big Papy, You are safe with something like 50 x 50, but I see other forums list things as big as 128 x 128. Max size may be 50 kb. This forum should tell you the actual maximum size if you can find the general instructions.

Not to create chaos, but there is no photo size limit for photos that you include in your signature. It becomes an avatar in that it appears in every message you write and its of a size that you are happy with. So if you wish, go into your profile and try your normal sized photo there. My message should show you what I did in mine.

Try this link for a more complete discussion. The bottom line may be that you need to resize you photo on your computer and before you upload it to Photoshop or other service. https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry12490

Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Big Papa TW,

peruano's link should give you a couple of possible solutions. Scroll down and you will find what I had to do to get an avitar loaded. In my case I reduced the size of my photo I was going to use to 200x150 pixels, not to exceed 50kb and uploaded from my cpu. I couldn't get an avatar to load from a photo hosting site, which is what you need to load normal photo's into the forum. In the link peruano provided, Rich also provided an alternative method, but I haven't used it so can't expand on it.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papy TW View Post
    like the title says, can't get pic small enough to work. Im using macbook pro with iPhoto. Any help would be appreciated

I created a little screencast to walk you through the process of making and uploading an avatar. Click on the link to watch it. After watching the screencast I can see a few mistakes I made, but I think you'll get the idea. If not let us know. Here's the link: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cX6qhOOlS Be sure to click on Save Changes at the bottom of the control panel after you upload your avatar.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Sponosred Links