Good Deed For The Day
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Good Deed For The Day

Good Deed For The Day

As I was getting onto an expressway this morning a lady passed me, entered a turn a bit hot, overcorrected, spun with brakes locked up, shot up an embankment then rolled her Mercedes E350 a few times coming to rest upside down back on the road. Would have been good footage if I only had a dash cam as I came to a halt in her dust cloud.
    Adjacent driver and I ran to render assistance , he called it in to 911 and got involved with details reporting an injury accident while I did what I could.
    All doors were jammed from the barrel rolls but a passenger window was smashed so I could coax the sole occupant to back out the opening. Fortunately she was a little oriental lady, and could back out through the broken window frame on hands and knees. No air-bag deployment and no seat-belt I assume as I found her crawling on the roof in the back seat. Got her seated curbside and a quick triage revealed bloody torn up back of hands and a floppy broken finger which I had her put back in place and hold secure while I ran back for some clean rags I had for a compress. BY then other folks were showing up so I crawled into her car to turn off ignition key and retrieve her purse and cell phone from the very back. She never said a word but began shaking and moaning a bit as EMTs arrived about five minutes later. Shock.
    Scary stuff how quick things can go bad. She was lucky to escape with the mangled hand and a minor but bloody scalp wound. All I can say is advice to wear your seatbelt and watch out for less attentive drivers! She easily could have spun into me had I been a few seconds faster.
    Nothing heroic, just being a Good Samaritan. Later I did give a homeless vet a few dollars and dropped spare coins in the Salvation Army kettle while shopping though. That should count for something.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    As I was getting onto an expressway this morning a lady passed me, entered a turn a bit hot, overcorrected, spun with brakes locked up, shot up an embankment then rolled her Mercedes E350 a few times coming to rest upside down back on the road. Would have been good footage if I only had a dash cam as I came to a halt in her dust cloud.
    Adjacent driver and I ran to render assistance , he called it in to 911 and got involved with details reporting an injury accident while I did what I could.
    All doors were jammed from the barrel rolls but a passenger window was smashed so I could coax the sole occupant to back out the opening. Fortunately she was a little oriental lady, and could back out through the broken window frame on hands and knees. No air-bag deployment and no seat-belt I assume as I found her crawling on the roof in the back seat. Got her seated curbside and a quick triage revealed bloody torn up back of hands and a floppy broken finger which I had her put back in place and hold secure while I ran back for some clean rags I had for a compress. BY then other folks were showing up so I crawled into her car to turn off ignition key and retrieve her purse and cell phone from the very back. She never said a word but began shaking and moaning a bit as EMTs arrived about five minutes later. Shock.
    Scary stuff how quick things can go bad. She was lucky to escape with the mangled hand and a minor but bloody scalp wound. All I can say is advice to wear your seatbelt and watch out for less attentive drivers! She easily could have spun into me had I been a few seconds faster.
    Nothing heroic, just being a Good Samaritan. Later I did give a homeless vet a few dollars and dropped spare coins in the Salvation Army kettle while shopping though. That should count for something.
    Nice job bro!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

PC- Petite Asian American

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

what you did for least these, you done for me.

Good job Fred you never know when your first aid skills will come in handy. I bought a dash came about three years ago figuring one day it will capture an accident.

I got rear ended by a young lady in a BMW sport coupe two weeks ago. It wasn't high impact and when I walked to the rear of my Pilot I noticed luckily my trailer hitch was still installed. It punched a nice dent into the front of her car.
    She got out of her car just enough to ask if I was okay. I replied yes and promptly ask if she was texting. Her answer was... "I was trying to get my Bluetooth to work". I told her to quit fooling with her damn phone and drive. I guess I need a rear camera as well.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 12-05-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Long story short but an interesting thing is I was coming back from meeting with an old fighter jock whose wife was quite proud of announcing his past including 100 raids over Hanoi in the F-100 "Thud" fighter bomber during the Vietnam War. One of the rare old, bold pilots. I have nothing but respect, admiration and appreciation for men like this. lt felt shameful at the time the way these returning veterans were treated. My peers coped with their fear of going to war by condemning the war itself, and unfairly by extension the returning soldiers who had simply been serving their country.
    Anyways took balls to push a 50's technology primitive jet downtown against soviet surface-to-air missiles and large caliber anti-aircraft artillery.
    A quick quote from another pilot of the time:
    “We flew down the center of Thud Ridge,” recalls Guild. “If we skimmed it to the south we would get hammered out of Phu Tho and Quan Tri. If we skimmed it to the north, we would get hammered from that valley. I think it was just too hard for them to put AAA guns or SAMs on Thud Ridge.” Later in the Rolling Thunder campaign, a heavy-lift Russian helicopter added weapons to the ridge.“We’d go to a target line abreast,” says Cooper. “The Thud had a pretty good automatic nav system if you were bombing Vladivostok with nukes, but if you’re bombing bridges up in the mountains, you can’t even tell which valley or which slope.”
    “In the cruise in, we’d be on altitude hold, autopilot,” says Rasimus. “Not a whole lot of threat. Once down, it was hand flying. You’d want to be jinking a little bit. In the target area at 540 to 600 knots: 4-G pull up, zoom climb, 4-G pull down on the [30- to 40-degree] dive angle, drop it at about 3,000 feet above ground, down to about 1,000 [feet above ground level], then 4 to 5 Gs recovering. After they left the target, it was everybody for himself.”

Read more: Thuds, the Ridge, and 100 Missions North | Military Aviation | Air & Space Magazine
    Save 47% when you subscribe to Air & Space magazine http://bit.ly/NaSX4X
    Follow us: @AirSpaceMag on Twitter
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Long story short but an interesting thing is I was coming back from meeting with an old fighter jock whose wife was quite proud of announcing his past including 100 raids over Hanoi in the F-100 "Thud" fighter bomber during the Vietnam War. One of the rare old, bold pilots. I have nothing but respect, admiration and appreciation for men like this. lt felt shameful at the time the way these returning veterans were treated. My peers coped with their fear of going to war by condemning the war itself, and unfairly by extension the returning soldiers who had simply been serving their country.
    Anyways took balls to push a 50's technology primitive jet downtown against soviet surface-to-air missiles and large caliber anti-aircraft artillery.
    A quick quote from another pilot of the time:
    “We flew down the center of Thud Ridge,” recalls Guild. “If we skimmed it to the south we would get hammered out of Phu Tho and Quan Tri. If we skimmed it to the north, we would get hammered from that valley. I think it was just too hard for them to put AAA guns or SAMs on Thud Ridge.” Later in the Rolling Thunder campaign, a heavy-lift Russian helicopter added weapons to the ridge.“We’d go to a target line abreast,” says Cooper. “The Thud had a pretty good automatic nav system if you were bombing Vladivostok with nukes, but if you’re bombing bridges up in the mountains, you can’t even tell which valley or which slope.”
    “In the cruise in, we’d be on altitude hold, autopilot,” says Rasimus. “Not a whole lot of threat. Once down, it was hand flying. You’d want to be jinking a little bit. In the target area at 540 to 600 knots: 4-G pull up, zoom climb, 4-G pull down on the [30- to 40-degree] dive angle, drop it at about 3,000 feet above ground, down to about 1,000 [feet above ground level], then 4 to 5 Gs recovering. After they left the target, it was everybody for himself.”

Read more: Thuds, the Ridge, and 100 Missions North | Military Aviation | Air & Space Magazine
    Save 47% when you subscribe to Air & Space magazine http://bit.ly/NaSX4X
    Follow us: @AirSpaceMag on Twitter

It is shameful how people treated Vets returning from Vietnam. I have a neighbor who's husband was a fighter pilot shot down and is still MIA.
    Find an old hippy and more then likely their one of them anti-war A$$ holes.

I have no problem with the anti-war types. The problem is when they blame the soldiers instead of the politics. Also, a great many Vietnam veterans BECAME peace loving, pot smoking hippies once they returned

You never know what type of religion you will find in a foxhole, but you WILL find religion.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Good for you Fred. We "are" our brothers keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by dale124 View Post
    what you did for least these, you done for me.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Nice job Fred. She will thank you in the future, not knowing who you are.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links