Beautiful ride, fall color and all
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SO I got out on my WR250f the other day and got some nice pictures. No TW so no photo entry's but nice fall color.

Taneum creek. South of I-90 1.5 hours east of Seattle. we did around 55 miles. lots of hunters out. saw 2 doughs... dows doh? ya know female deers(insert hillbilly whistle)?

looking northeast

my heaven

Rainier in the background

looking northwest

Was a perfect day. Rained the day before and a party of 2. No mechanical issues.

I stalled on a greasy switch back. I proceeded to start (kick) and restart/stall 5 times before making it on attempt #6. Good grief. It was so greasy underfoot that at one point both my feet slipped out, and the damb bike was layin on my legs. Sorry no picture of that.

Why do I have too work? I just want to ride in all the places everyone posts up here. That looks absolutely gorgeous! Was your ride mostly single track trail? I too chicken to ride single track where there's a steep drop off on one side (or both). I can ride single track as long as there's plenty of room on each side of the trail. But it looks fun and I wish I could!

Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beautiful! Looks like some great riding.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful !!!!!!!!

Ronnydog

Yes Admiral, all single track. Thats what I love most about a phew of our ORV areas up here in Washington. NO QUADS! NO double track. There are a handfull of sections up here that have some very exposed sections. Devils backbone in eastern washington has a section where it is 50 degrees steep on one side! Yet only about 100 yards long. There is a section at this area where it is verticle drop off on one side. A young 125 rider fell to his death there just last year. NO one I know rides that section anymore. I think it should be closed.

There are a lot of macho retards that love dirtbiking. We all have heard the guy telling stories of the idiot that wrecked into him or his buddy. I always recommend to anyone interested in motorsporting that you gotta be carefull about who you ride with. I learned this valuable lesson during my days as a professional snowboarder. If something goes wrong, the people you are with will be the ones your life is relying on to get out. I have had the unfortunate experience of dragging a friend out of an avalanche. It was incredible that he survived and it was up to me to drag his ass a mile out of the backcountry. It was far and beyond the most physically exerting experience of my life. Choose your crew wisely.

I got more shots of steep ridgetop singletrack if you boys want to see them...

looks like some fun and scenic riding! riding single track on steep hills/drop offs is scary but fun! Don't look down....LOL
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamont View Post
    I got more shots of steep ridgetop singletrack if you boys want to see them...

Yes, please share!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beautiful!! It's great to be in an area with places like that.

I'm gonna really like riding down here in Georgia this fall. Central Kansas just didn't have enough trees for a great fall color ride.

btw, fyi, female dear is a doe. Plural is does.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

DOE!!! Dammit! Now that I see the spelling I feel like I knew that? Whatever, I dont hunt. Well not animals anyways. Im a trail hunter. Poached some mountain bike trails today, BMX berms sure are fun on the TW.

Georgia huh? You got real mountains there or just high hills? I have never been past Denver. The flat land areas freak me out. I gres up here in Seattle outskirts. I would like to see some pictures of trails in Georgia....What kind of tarrain options do you have there?

YM

The highest piles of dirt they have around here are the Appalachians. Nothing like the Rockies. Only been here since January, so I'm not too familiar with the "Trails less travelled" that are the preference on this forum. I'm hooking up with a couple of riders from work, so I'll know more for next spring.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links