steep singletrack
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By uktw125

Thread: steep singletrack

Most of these were from 1 ride at Lake Wenatchee ORV area. There are a couple from Gifford Pinchot. Enjoy

This one and the next one are a panaramic view.

Gifford Pinchot, Hamilton Butte

Look like fun?? One day I will take the TW up there. Just gott afind a buddy willing to wait up for me or that has a lower paced bike.

Holy s#!+ I would kill myself on those ledges. You got big balls!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Ya know while riding some of these trails I found myself wondering...who the hell decided a trail here would be a good idea?? Then I get to the top and think...I cant believe this is legal.

I love Washington...and meatballs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What JdubSC said...my adult diapers wouldn't hold enough! In some of the photo's the trail looks manageable, others...certain death! Gotta admit that they are great photo's though. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

You guys in America make me so envious with your stunning off road rides.

If you took a motorized vehicle to any of the very few wilderness areas of the UK you would get hung, drawn and quartered, then the police would seize your bike and crush it. The last bit of that sentence is not an exaggeration. They do seize and crush vehicles here.
    Fred likes this.

Been there.

Great trail
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Goldenhtr, how was the TW going up Klone peak? What gears did you run for that ride. I have ridden my TW in some pretty technical stuff, however not up anything that long and high.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamont View Post
    Goldenhtr, how was the TW going up Klone peak? What gears did you run for that ride. I have ridden my TW in some pretty technical stuff, however not up anything that long and high.

Not that bad, mostly 2-3 gear some first if someone in front of you had slowed down. We had 5 TW's and 1 KLR 650. Only a couple of us had ridin any single track so it was quite interesting. Myself and the guy on the 650 were the only ones.

Here are some more pics of that ride. The one guy I took out with us flipped his TW 3 times. No damage other that to his ego, he would not listen to me when I told him to lean forward when going up the steep hills. Those blocks they put in to help with erosion did him in going up hill. Couple of crashes but the only damage was the KLR lost it's right tail light. We were going to camp at Twin Lakes but the bugs were to bad and no one wanted to turn around so we kept going on over Klone Peek and back down to the Eniat River road. Was a fun ride only problem was we were loaded down for camping with all the gear. So some up hill stuff was not easy but the TW's did great.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ics/?start=all
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Oh man your not kidding on the blocks man, I tell any new off roader that when crossing anything man made...dont trust it for traction. I got served up real good at walker valley on those blocks, I think they call them brick brack?? Anyways, I can imagine the steep hillside traverses were a bit sketchy with camping gear all piled on. I have never ridden any off road bike with gear strapped to it. I hope to do just that next summer on my TW. If you ever need a co pilot let me know...

Sponosred Links