Wet Passion
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Wet Passion

Wet Passion

So I thought I would post a vid from my other obsession on this rainy So cal day. This a very short clip from a Cabo race 2013 @ March. We had a great run south for 18 hrs with sustained speeds ove 20 knts. Here it is:

”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Here is another one produced by Matt Knighton who sailed with us. He went on to be an on board reporter on Abu Dhabi a Volvo round the world race. This was the same race above. It started with a storm so we were bashing into it for 2 days hence we were paying the "fun tax" to get the great down wind behind it.

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Tweaker - Love the video's that's also my other passion! A little land locked in Idaho but a friend has a 26 footer that we do race a couple of times a year on the reservoirs. Not nearly as exciting as your videos but you work with what you have. I spent three years in the Caribbean years ago, got my 100 ton/100 mile captains license and was first mate then captain of 93 ft. then 56 ft. trimaran's doing week to 10 day liveaboard sailing/diving charters. Oh what fun!

Then I screwed up and got a real job.

If you ever need crew let me know, I might find a way to slog to windward or whatever with you!

If I had buckets full of cash, I would splurge on one of these:

Phantom.jpg
    Last edited by BkCntryCrwlr; 12-31-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

BCC that is a cool foiling cat. I wish I did what you did in the Caribbean when I was younger. I had the real job first and raced on the side and got my captains license after I retired. Now doing fun 3 hr sailing tours when I want. I am still doing some long distance racing and yacht deliveries but that is winding down.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

I used to sail........ That's about all I've got. lol Had a fifteen ft. daysailer Advance Sailboat Corp. Demon. Then a Chrysler catamaran, then a Nacra seventeen footer. Lots of fun. Both of you have it all over me.
    Tweaker likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Here is another one produced by Matt Knighton who sailed with us. He went on to be an on board reporter on Abu Dhabi a Volvo round the world race. This was the same race above. It started with a storm so we were bashing into it for 2 days hence we were paying the "fun tax" to get the great down wind behind it.

I would not enjoy myself on top of the mast. "Ahoy below, I just crapped my pants"!

Thanks for sharing these. They have a little more meaning when one has a little connection, albeit the TW forum member I've never met...knowingly!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great videos! I used to sail a bit when I was younger...but not like that. Rhode island is a great place for sailing, though!

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Jt those cats are great fun. Rhodetrip I haven't sailed any on the east coast but from what I can tell there is some great sailng there. Admiral we haven't met yet I look forward to that some day. It sounds like we will miss you two in Moab this year if we get there. If you were an admiral you may know my brother in law ret capt. and ex commander of the little beaver squadron Arleigh Burke destroyers.

I always wanted to do one of those big racers. But I first got my 100 ton license back in 77, ran charters out of the mouth of the Colombia River crossing the bar every day.
    Then in the nineties I lived onboard a 30 foot sailboat for 5 years. Had a one pounder cannon on the bow for piracy. Home ported at the Old Alchohol Plant Marina in Townsand Bay.
    Phelonius

Here is the video I was looking for for this year. We caught the back end of a frontal system and got a 2 day blast from SD to Cabo on our way to PV mex. It was the fastest 2 days I have done we did 750 miles in two days and would have made for a record run to Cabo if that's where were were going. The short clip at the end gives an idea of what we did for 2 days night and day. This video was made by Rick who is in the Symphony in Indianapolis hence the music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links