Trump Administration to remove Suppressors aka "Silencers" from NFA act
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Trump Administration to remove Suppressors aka "Silencers" from NFA act

Trump Administration to remove Suppressors aka "Silencers" from NFA act

what a God send this would be!

I used a Salvo Sup on a 12 gauge Benelli M4 and it was amazing no real need for hearing protection, much less felt recoil and faster target re acquisition to name a few things!

Better yet S-can the NFA act all together

Deregulation of Firearm Suppressors a Reality Under President Trump - Breitbart
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

On the surface it sounds great, and for law abiding citizens like you and me, it is. BUT, let's not be naive...
    If it's restricted to shooting ranges, I'm good with that, but not in the field. You shoot so little at game, you don't need a suppressor.
    I travel the national forest roads a lot and it would amaze you how often I pass minivans full of mung's and, well, others, seemingly enjoining the great outdoors. I have CAL-TIP on speed dial. You have no idea how invasive these poachers have become... ok, I'm done...
    "Cycles is a mean toy lady" Halsy Knox

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduce View Post
    On the surface it sounds great, and for law abiding citizens like you and me, it is. BUT, let's not be naive...
    If it's restricted to shooting ranges, I'm good with that, but not in the field. You shoot so little at game, you don't need a suppressor.
    I travel the national forest roads a lot and it would amaze you how often I pass minivans full of mung's and, well, others, seemingly enjoining the great outdoors. I have CAL-TIP on speed dial. You have no idea how invasive these poachers have become... ok, I'm done...
    In Europe suppressors are encouraged for hunting use. Europe! Here in CO, use of a suppressor is legal for hunting. It's very useful. 1) Because it allows you to use lower class ear pro to generally hear better before the shot. 2) Because there might be another hunter nearby and your shot could spook his animal. 3) It's better recoil management and allows a quicker shot if one needs to go off. 4) etc.

I have one .30 cal suppressor which I use on all my rifles including a .22LR, and the only reason I don't have a dedicated .22LR is cus I don't feel like waiting for another 9 months to be approved for a muffler. What you're saying is we need to restrict the actions of law abiding people to deal with law breakers. Think about how California-esque (read: self-nullifying) that is for like... 4 minutes.

Your state already bans suppressors for all but the ubermenschen (and is about to ban ammo sales without a background check, etc.).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Kali has programmed their citizenry well Heil Hitlary

I'm sure the sierra club will force them upon hunters to protect the snail farter

how many poachers can afford a can anyway and do you think any poacher ever has been stopped for lack of a suppressor?

the HRC ( Hitlery Rotten Criminal ) gang is going to have a tough 8 years ahead lmfao

Hidden Content

I guess what I call poaching, you call " camp meat "...!
    "Cycles is a mean toy lady" Halsy Knox

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduce View Post
    I guess what I call poaching, you call " camp meat "...!
    Why do you "guess" that?
    Camp meat is legally taken, tagged and processed onsite for camp use. Poaching is the illegal taking of game by any means. How are they even remotely conflated? Furthermore, if I may, suppressors while effective at reducing rifle or pistol report do not magically eliminate it. People who truly poach game have far quieter and just as deadly weapons such as crossbows or subsonic .22 ammo. Standard ammo is virtually all supersonic and thus even while suppressed has a louder report than a standard .22 round.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Why do you "guess" that?
    Camp meat is legally taken, tagged and processed onsite for camp use. Poaching is the illegal taking of game by any means. How are they even remotely conflated? Furthermore, if I may, suppressors while effective at reducing rifle or pistol report do not magically eliminate it. People who truly poach game have far quieter and just as deadly weapons such as crossbows or subsonic .22 ammo. Standard ammo is virtually all supersonic and thus even while suppressed has a louder report than a standard .22 round.

Tom
    Very true. I still have to wear ear protection with my cans on everything but the .22LR. Even the .223 AR produces quite the report with the can -- I would not shoot it without hearing protection. It's about as quiet as my great grandmother's "whisper" in public where she would "surreptitiously", to everyone's horror, inform of us the fat lady 10 feet away.

A lot of people have no experience with suppressors and think it's some magical "silencer". It's simply a muffler like on a motorcycle or car -- it lowers the sound from instant major irreversible hearing damage but by no means eliminates it. I suppose if the .gov forced everyone to go without mufflers on their vehicles for 4 generations unless one paid a "tax" (which was effectively a ban, considering the $200 tax has not been raised since that law was passed in the 1930's), the idea of having a muffler would be met with accusations of trying to more easily run from the cops, prowl around neighborhoods at night for robbery purposes, etc. As it stands, mufflers are encouraged and/or the legal requirement and so anyone with straight pipes on a bike, or a super loud offroading vehicle, is simply the bad guy for being a noise nuisance.

Maybe we could engineer a woo-woo barrel and just go whole hog. lol

PlacerLode likes this.

Besides, suppressors help combat muzzle climb on full auto
    Last edited by Fred; 01-20-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    PlacerLode and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

With all this gun talk, cabin fever, & riding TW's, I got another idea on my next winter ride! (Insert mad scientist snicker here)
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I just started looking into sups this past year when I moved to a 2nd amendment friendly state (no NOT Kali lol) as I never realized they are actually legal back in my home state of WA

The available technology is astounding and once you shoot suppressed I can't imagine ever going back

All my home defense guns will be suppressed everything but my concealed carry and cc back up

My favorite was the Salvo for the shotgun that is an amazing piece of engineering

All around much safer to shoot suppressed you would think the HRC clan would be right on board with it but remember they are 100% emotionally based they cannot think critically with their programming and emotions in their way

Hollywood would have them believe the only real use of a suppressor is a mob hit man

and btw mob hit man or "poacher" will have a suppressor if they want one legal or not they dont care if hitlery says it's ok
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links