No TWs were harmed in this CRASH AND BURN video
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: No TWs were harmed in this CRASH AND BURN video

No TWs were harmed in this CRASH AND BURN video

Some of this looks really painful. Think I'll stick to tractoring around on my TrailWay.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Owee. What bugs me the most are the head on hits on trails. Dang brutal.
    joeband, TravelDiva, Fred and 2 others like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Some of that looked really expensive, all of it looked painful.
    Ain't go pro cameras wonderful?
    Phelonius

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Owee. What bugs me the most are the head on hits on trails. Dang brutal.
    i had the same thought...
    jumping and such crashes are to be expected (not to minimize the pain factor) but the head ons were a result of lack of situational awareness and breaking the basic rule of not going faster than the conditions allow. dumb and dangerous.

i'm guessing many of those did not walk away from their crash.
    Tweaker, Fred, Beeline and 3 others like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Head on is my worst nightmare (hitting a deer #2). Fortunately 9 times out of 10, we don't see anyone on the trails we ride. But when we do, they are often going way too fast. The newest threat is over wide SXS taking the intire trail, also usually way to fast. Thier roll cage and absolute zero lack of skill to drive makes them a complete menace. I have stopped several people, explained they are not legal on the trail they are on, they shrug and drive away. Cool video, will give me nightmares at some point I am sure!
    Last edited by Mattwings; 01-27-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Those headon's are no joke. Happened to the lead rider in a group of three I was riding with one time. When I came around a corner both riders were down and unconscious. My buddy had his face caved in from the other guy's helmet along with his knee being laid wide open from connecting with the other bike's fork tube top. I went for help and the first house I came to was a volunteer firefighter's house so we were able to get help there right away. My buddy had chosen to wear his open face helmet instead of his full coverage that day and also didn't wear his knee/shin guards. Bad decisions.
    Fred, Tweaker, Mattwings and 2 others like this.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

One reason I like highway legal only trails is there is usually far less traffic on them and less of the "racer" types, coming the opposite way.

But I've had my share of accidents and near misses.
    Last one was a big 4 seater sxs coming the other way, doing fishtails, showing off for the blonde he was driving.
    He was too busy looking at her to watch where he was going. I rode up and off the trail when I heard and then saw him coming.
    When he finally looked up he was sideways about 50-75 feet from me, and then panicked and locked the brakes.
    Of course he instantly started to barrel roll right towards me. And I was at least 10 feet up and off the trail.
    He rolled right up to me. Both of them were dazed. And probably had been drinking. ( cup holders in those scare me ).

The 25-30 year old young woman was screaming and yelling that she was done with this s--t and wanted to walk back to the trucks, etc.
    My left foot actually stopped it from sliding more towards me.

His buddy's drove up and asked what had happened. They were all morons.
    I asked them if they knew they were on a street legal trail. One of them started to give me crap. I got right up to him and asked him if he needed an explanation for street legal. He was a short, fat, stupid guy and one of the other guys got between us and said he was sorry but that they were low and fuel and were taking the short way back to their trucks and trailers.

During this a couple guys in a Jeep pulled up and they were not too happy with the four sxs'ers either, I took it that they had seen or passed them earlier, and started to lecture them on trail etiquette and where they could ride legally, etc.
    They were both big guys and one was a San Bernardino sheriff and he made it clear right from the start. They all toned it down immediately.

The Sheriff made sure no one was hurt and then had the sxs'ers wait. The Sheriff and the Jeep driver rolled the upside down sxs over by themselves.
    I don't know what happened as I told them I was ok, and what happened, and then left.

I haven't been on, that part of, the street legal trail since.
    Fred, Tweaker, Mattwings and 2 others like this.

I can relate to far too many of those! I still don't get dropping the KTM into a lake.

I stopped watching after the head-on motorcycle and ATV crashes, then decided to share the scare by posting the video here. Good reminder to use caution while looking out for the other guy. Reminds me why I try to avoid any OHV or popular areas. Moab is one exception, and I am not likely the only one who has almost been mowed over by fast side-by-sides on blind sandy corners there. They will rent those things to anyone without any requirements for experience.
    Know we do not jump very high on our TWs but that don't mean we won't ever encounter an air-borne MX-er on a ballistic path headed our way.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sadly, most of these are preventable. Too fast for conditions, wrong side of trail / road, poor decisions, not on a race track....etc... (or, maybe I'm just older / wiser now)

If you are not a racing pro / paid stunt driver, don't act like it. (I learned this many years ago after a bad incident while testing the "new" Polaris Predator in 2003.)

I love my put put TW, keeps me out of trouble.
    Last edited by 1911garand; 01-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Smitty Blackstone and ejfranz like this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links