Trump to meet with execs from Harley-Davidson
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Trump to meet with execs from Harley-Davidson

Trump to meet with execs from Harley-Davidson

Cornelis and elime like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Yeah, this is something new for Harley Davidson, manufacturing some their bikes in a factory in India.

The following is from an article in Wikipedia -

"In 2011, The company has also set up an assembly unit at Bawal, Haryana. In 2011, Harley-Davidson India began the assembly of its Sportster line followed by the assembly of the Dyna line in 2012 and Softail line in 2013. In 2014, Harley-Davidson began manufacturing the Street 750 and 500 motorcycles in India - at Bawal, Haryana India, its only manufacturing facility outside of the US."

Go to wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_India
    littletommy likes this.
    1990 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content _____________ Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    Hidden Content

I hear that now the Bawal plant is re-decorating it's rest rooms.images-2.jpeg
    WHS likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Pan
    Thanks for posting that info LT. As both a HD rider & stockholder I would find any discrimination against US workers very disturbing. Whether you are building Fords in Mexico or outsourcing customer service (don't we all enjoy that?), mortgage loan processing or IT overseas, what's the difference? I hope it's something the new administration can address just like they are addressing the manufacturing jobs.

Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelis View Post
    Yeah, this is something new for Harley Davidson, manufacturing some their bikes in a factory in India.

The following is from an article in Wikipedia -

"In 2011, The company has also set up an assembly unit at Bawal, Haryana. In 2011, Harley-Davidson India began the assembly of its Sportster line followed by the assembly of the Dyna line in 2012 and Softail line in 2013. In 2014, Harley-Davidson began manufacturing the Street 750 and 500 motorcycles in India - at Bawal, Haryana India, its only manufacturing facility outside of the US."

Go to wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_India
    I'm not sure if the Wiki post is correct. I've always understood the 500 & 750 were build in India primarily for the India & overseas market. I don't ever see the small bikes being a big seller in the USA. From the HD website:

Harley-Davidson opened its Bawal, India manufacturing facility in 2011 to improve its production flexibility, market responsiveness and strengthen operations in the country. In 2014, Harley-Davidson began manufacturing the Street model motorcycles in Bawal for India, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
    littletommy likes this.

this is getting really crazy!! good for Trump for going after them. these companies that take jobs out of the country should be pissed on. right now GM is shutting down some of their plants in Ontario and shipping those jobs to mexico. I think it's about time our gutless government stood up for our country, instead of giving it away. I think that every GM built in mexico should have so many taxes thrown on it when imported back to our country........that no one will buy one. it wasn't too long ago GM was crying the blues and our governments came to the rescue with our money and bailed them out and now Gm stabs us in the back. SCREW GM and any other company that has shipped all those jobs to mexico. GM cars and trucks aren't a necessity, since japan is making products in the US, using us workers and keeping those jobs at home. I never thought I would buy anything but a ford, but I think that is going to change as soon as they are not being made in Kentucky.

I just looked up where fords are being made, and according to Forbes Magazine, on Feb 9/16, ford has, or is about to open another huge plant in mexico, so I guess my next truck is going to be a Toyota. I'm just wondering why.... if all these jobs are going south of your border..........then why the hell are all these Mexicans sneaking north when the jobs are down south. pretty soon, the way things are going, our grandkids will be the illegals in mexico looking for work. this has to stop!!!! these companies say they are saving huge amounts of money on labour costs when building a new truck in mexico, so has anyone seen a big drop in prices? I haven't! so they are screwing us by taking good jobs out of the country and then screwing us a second time when we buy a new car, no wonder I'm so tired all the time!! All that sex!
    Last edited by grewen; 02-02-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sorry to say but, about the only country capable of manufacturing and assembling a vehicle is .....CHINA....., sucks big time but, it is what it is. We can assemble all we want, until the components are made and assembled here it will still be just another global GM, Ford, Chrysler (Fiat), Tesla etc.....

What we need is, Manufacturing jobs, not just assembly men!
    Fred and grewen like this.
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

Don't forget for the last couple of decades we basically told US companies that we insist on the cheapest price no matter what. Companies see us voting with our pocket books and responded by going to cheaper labor markets, i.e. overseas or the mercados of NAFT along the Mexican border or lose market share.
    The companies aren't evil. Nor are their shareholders who demand a reasonable return on their investment via shareholder voting. Ignore the shareholder at your risk, they see a fiduciary obligation for corporate officers to maximize profits or out they go.
    So what does this mean if we reorganize out priorities to emphasize buying American products while also expanding American exports? Consumers need to be prepared to pay more for American made products. This tends to be inflationary.
    AGman and Columbanus like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by rivershot View Post
    Sorry to say but, about the only country capable of manufacturing and assembling a vehicle is .....CHINA....., sucks big time but, it is what it is. We can assemble all we want, until the components are made and assembled here it will still be just another global GM, Ford, Chrysler (Fiat), Tesla etc.....

What we need is, Manufacturing jobs, not just assembly men!
    that would be good, but on the down side, take a look at the air quality in China. when these companies move their assembly lines out, there are way more jobs lost than just on the line itself. the support jobs are huge. machine and building maintenance jobs, trucking and all the other hundreds of trickle down jobs that support the plant.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

BUT, BUT We don't want no stinking manufacturing here!

Maybe I am missing something here. We don't want coal firing our power plants and we don't want pipelines bringing oil and natural gas to where it needs to be and we don't want fossil fuels running our cars and trucks and we damn sure don't want electric power lines running through our countryside or fracking of any kind and the list goes on and on. I hear folks here by me screaming they can't get cell phone reception and those same folks scream they don't want no stinking cell towers messing up the pretty landscape. Manufacturing plants here in the USA get hammered from every direction because of the pollution, water and electrical power needs and the harm these plants will do to the environment. WTF????

Be careful what you wish for because for every action there really is an equal and opposite reaction. I found it both interesting and distressing when everyone was screaming they wanted criminals locked up when they broke the laws. Those same folks don't want to hire more cops or prison guards or build any new jails or prisons to hold all those criminals they demand be locked up. Here in NY we turned most of the gymnasiums in the prisons into over crowded, double and triple bunked housing units staffed with one or two prison guards for over 100 prisoners and then got hammered in the courts for not having recreational gymnasiums for the boys and girls to play in.

Maybe it is time for us all to sit back and take some deep breaths while we think about what we want and don't want. We don't have much here where I live so there are proposals to build a big water park and a Legoland theme parks and the people are fighting them every step of the way. Not many jobs for the kids when they graduate HS or college so we instead end up with a bunch of hanging out losers in the small towns and villages doing nothing but getting in trouble and looking for the free handouts.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links