The White Tiger
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The White Tiger

The White Tiger

Russian WW2 movie. I thought it was good myself with a good meaning in the end.

Fred and elime like this.
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    2003 Yamaha Banshee 350
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500
    1985 Honda 350X
    1969 Honda CT90

spasibo tovarishchu , thanks comrade.
    Lomax likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

white_tiger.jpg
    was it just me that expected something else?
    Dryden-Tdub and Lomax like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That was a rather different movie.
    Played at 2X speed that Tiger Tank was moving around like a TW.
    Lomax likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I watched the entire movie. I had to stop it a few time to catch up on the reading but all in all it was interesting. The ending is not what I expected it to be but it was still good. Also a lot of Lend/Lease stuff in the movie.

Here is one I found interesting. It is about the Chinese civil war and is based on a true incident.
    For all you gun nuts, remember this is a Chinese movie, how many American made surplus rifles can you identify? I think the army back then used what ever weapons they could get their hands on and the movie reflexes that.

Last edited by elime; 02-04-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Lomax likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I think the Russian white tiger movie had a pretty feeble story line. Some nice footage of T 34s of various different models, some of which were probably not WW2 vintage.
    But then The movie Patton used American tanks of post Korean War models. It is very difficult to obtain originals. As for American tanks, When they become obsolete they
    get used for targets in training areas. I know because I have shot up many of them in my time in early M-60s. I know that the Russians used to send theirs to lesser countries that were their allies or at least had the money to buy them. The tiger in the movie looked to be a WW2 leftover and it may have been an original. A few of them found their way into the arsenals of third world countries after WW2, it may have been one of these or one resurrected from a Russian junk yard. I am sure there were plenty of them left in Russia after the war.
    My vote for the best tank movie ever goes to "Fury" starring Brad Pit. Who ever conjured up the personalities of the tank crewman in that movie hit the nail on the head.
    Lomax likes this.
    Phelonius

I watched the first 12 minutes of the Chinese movie. It looked pretty realistic and well filmed, I'll watch the whole thing later. I did see a variety of weapons, American Springfield's, I thought I saw a Brit Lee Enfield in one mans hands, and there seemed to be some Russian Bolt actions of WW2 vintage. The submachine guns were probably Russian.
    I would bet that the wide variety of weapons was intentionally used by the movie makers. After all this was a movie about civil war. Civil wars usually have one side making do with what ever they can get their hands on while the big government troops would be more uniformly armed. The potato masher grenades may have been German but other countries used them too. The smaller grenades could have been British or American. China at the end of WW2 had a plethora of weapons and ammunition given them by the allies in WW2.
    After things stabilized a few years later they made their own copies of SKS and other Russian weapons.
    elime likes this.
    Phelonius

Keep on the look out for a Johnson -- it competed with the Garand to be the US Army rifle. A small number of Johnsons were used by the Marines in the Pacific and at least one found its way into this movie production.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

"Kellys Hero's"

Elime, what is the name of the movie that you posted, it wont show up for me, just a black square. I noticed a lot of the lend/lease vehicles in it which I thought was a good touch to make it into the movie. Phelonius, if you look at the Tiger tank more closer, I don't think that's its a Tiger at all, Most Tigers were destroyed During the War, so many movies have replica's of them built on Sherman and other tank chassis. This one looks like its on a T-34 or maybe an IS series tank because of how far forward the Turret looks in the side shots.
    elime likes this.
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    2003 Yamaha Banshee 350
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500
    1985 Honda 350X
    1969 Honda CT90

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links