• 8 Post By Elvesus
  • 4 Post By Xracer
  • 6 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 4 Post By Xracer
  • 7 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Elvesus

Thread: Interesting flight path

Interesting flight path

Nanaimo is located beneath several international flight routes and contrails are visible most of the time. Today there was an unusual one though. One jet deviated from its normally straight flight path to pull a 360+. According to Flightaware.com it was a Seattle-bound Alaska Airlines 737 and its exact path was recorded. Not sure what the purpose was, but this must have been a tight, high-G turn for the passengers. Nice clear day for sightseeing over Vancouver Island I guess.

ASAFlightPathLoopFeb21.jpg ASAFlightPathFeb21.JPG
    Xracer, LuvNot, white mule and 5 others like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

My Wife and I saw the same thing a few years ago. We are under the flight paths of several major airports in Florida and watching a passenger jet doing a tight 360 degree turn had me wondering what was going on. Unless the pilot though a grand view of the Orange Groves would be a treat.

They do that to empty the black water from the head.. Great fertilizer!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvesus View Post
    Nanaimo is located beneath several international flight routes and contrails are visible most of the time. Today there was an unusual one though. One jet deviated from its normally straight flight path to pull a 360+. According to Flightaware.com it was a Seattle-bound Alaska Airlines 737 and its exact path was recorded. Not sure what the purpose was, but this must have been a tight, high-G turn for the passengers. Nice clear day for sightseeing over Vancouver Island I guess.

ASAFlightPathLoopFeb21.jpg ASAFlightPathFeb21.JPG
    Elvesus, Dryden-Tdub, Ken and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No wonder my grass is so green!

Nice imagry!
    Air traffic controllers occasionally request a one minute 360 degree turn to gain separation between aircraft, or to delay approaches while any safety to traffic issues with airport or other aircraft are addressed. While the visible contrail is at height it is possible other aircraft queued up in the stack headed for Sea-Tac were likely executing similar maneuvers as directed by ATC. All it takes is a missed approach from a plane in the pattern, a security/safety/ traffic issue on the ground, or a flock of geese and then ATC has to slow everyone down while things are straightened out.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Nice imagry!
    Air traffic controllers occasionally request a one minute 360 degree turn to gain separation between aircraft, or to delay approaches while any safety to traffic issues with airport or other aircraft are addressed. While the visible contrail is at height it is possible other aircraft queued up in the stack headed for Sea-Tac were likely executing similar maneuvers as directed by ATC. All it takes is a missed approach from a plane in the pattern, a security/safety/ traffic issue on the ground, or a flock of geese and then ATC has to slow everyone down while things are straightened out.
    Thanks Fred. I'm thinking Harrison Ford would have benefited from a similar instruction yesterday at John Wayne airport: Video shows Harrison Ford flying low over airliner | Entertainment & Showbiz from CTV News
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I like the black tank reason better, Fred.

Speaking of airlines, trying to talk to someone on the phone can cause homocidal rage. To start with they do to hire any phone receptionists that can claim English as a first language. After repeating what you are trying to talk about many times they still get it wrong. Then they sent me a confirmation email that said for any questions call 1-800
    The email was only half there. It was cut in half vertically so that I could not see the rest of the phone number. Every time I called their recorded voice said that at the end I would be answering a short questionnaire about how good was their service. They never gave me the questions, I guess they already know what I think of them. Their automatic telephone help is very cleverly designed to avoid allowing you to choose what ever question you want to ask. Then when you insist upon speaking with a person, they hang up.
    The know that They are in the cat bird seat since there is no other way off of this island.
    Phelonius

Sponosred Links