Ungh, sick, sick, sick. ~ an Office Rant
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Ungh, sick, sick, sick. ~ an Office Rant

Ungh, sick, sick, sick. ~ an Office Rant

My momma taught me to share growing up. It was a firmly instilled lesson that carries through today in my adulthood. Share your food. Share your good fortune. Share a little money when you can.

But I gotta draw the line at sharing germs.

Our entire office is sick right now. I don't know who brought it in originally, but I can name at least 3 of my co-workers who are fighting sinus infections right now that still come into the office every day while they are sick. I tried to avoid it. I wash my hands religiously and have Germ-X sanitizing gel on my desk which is used liberally after taking things from others. I encourage others to use it as well. I try not to wipe my eyes, and generally not touch my face at work.

All that and I STILL catch this crap. It hit yesterday morning and was in full blown snotty glory by the afternoon. I picked up some medicine after work. This morning I barely woke up. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Aches, exhaustion, sneezing and watery eyes. I have every symptom on that box of niquil. The medicine helps keep the snot production down, but the sinus pressure is a constant low-grade headache. I tried eating a little, but just am not hungry. Or maybe I am, but food is just repulsive right now.

Gnah!

I just want to take a megaphone in and shout, "For all that is holy in this world, If You Are Sick STAY HOME Ya Stupid $#!ts."

I'm going to crawl back to bed and sleep for another 18 hours.

If you read this far down... what do YOU do to mitigate a severe cold? Chicken noodle soup? Steam bath? Hot peppers and milk? Or just a shot of whiskey with honey?

I might try 'em all if this doesn't clear up by morning.
    littletommy, Fred, Ken and 5 others like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Guinness Beer and Indian food.

Dayquil.

I had the flu in the beginning of January. Five days of high fever, excessive mucous, weakness, etc.

Went to the doctor and he said that the flu was one thing. There is also a virus going around. Got that too. 6 weeks of limited or no work. Just getting back in the swing of things.

Feel better.

I've had all the same crud that's going around off and on since mid January. The only time I feel OK is when I hop on the TW!
    2008 TW200
    2008 YZ250
    2013 Honda CB1100
    2015 Toyota Tacoma
    2016 Mazda CX-3
    2006 Hyundai Sonata

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Afrin

It's probably damn near impossible to stop the spreading of germs. I have to show you this experiment my daughter Lauren and her lab partner Cindy performed in there College biology class. Below are two Petri dishes each one placed three fingers in the Petri dish twice.
    The larger three blobs (upper) (bacteria colonies) in each dish are blobs from unwashed hands. The smaller germ blobs (lower) are after Lauren washed her hands with soap and water. Cindy cleaned her hands with Sanitizing gel only. Gross, we are doomed if a pandemic occurs.

Get well soon.

Lauren's

IMG_7032.JPG

Cindy's

IMG_7033.JPG
    Last edited by TopPredator; 02-23-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I work at a place that gives NO sick days, guess where I am when I'm sick.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Luvnot - Sorry you are sick! The only thing that works for me is plenty of rest and Advil Cold & Sinus.. It does make me feel better when I can visualize myself throat punching the ba$tards that gave me the illness!

I work for a company that doesn’t give formal sick days but rather has a policy that “sick days are at the discretion of your manager”. So, that means if you have a nice manager or a manager that likes you then you get sick days, but if you have a jackwagon for a manager then you don’t get any or you have to take it without pay.
    I’m fortunate enough to work for the nice manager who happens to like me! My job is also one that I can “work from home” if I needed to.

And you "chose" to leave poor poor helpless Admiral home everyday fending for himself because... why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Admiral View Post
    Luvnot - Sorry you are sick! The only thing that works for me is plenty of rest and Advil Cold & Sinus.. It does make me feel better when I can visualize myself throat punching the ba$tards that gave me the illness!

I work for a company that doesn’t give formal sick days but rather has a policy that “sick days are at the discretion of your manager”. So, that means if you have a nice manager or a manager that likes you then you get sick days, but if you have a jackwagon for a manager then you don’t get any or you have to take it without pay.
    I’m fortunate enough to work for the nice manager who happens to like me! My job is also one that I can “work from home” if I needed to.
    Last edited by littletommy; 02-23-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Fred, Ken, Tweaker and 3 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

DayQuil & Nyquil + rest and liquids. Hot baths or steamy showers to assist in sinus draining.

Memories from microbiology labs was it was very hard to avoid any contamination.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Well, first I hope you feel better soon

What I do and it is controversial. As soon as I get that rut roe, I think I'm getting sick feeling or g forbid that tickle cough that says here it comes! I take 2500 mg of vitamin c and do it every day for three days. Every single time for the past 3 years it pulled me right out of it. all ecpxcept the one time I waited 12 hours once I got that feeling! Ugg.

Anyway feel better

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    My momma taught me to share growing up. It was a firmly instilled lesson that carries through today in my adulthood. Share your food. Share your good fortune. Share a little money when you can.

But I gotta draw the line at sharing germs.

Our entire office is sick right now. I don't know who brought it in originally, but I can name at least 3 of my co-workers who are fighting sinus infections right now that still come into the office every day while they are sick. I tried to avoid it. I wash my hands religiously and have Germ-X sanitizing gel on my desk which is used liberally after taking things from others. I encourage others to use it as well. I try not to wipe my eyes, and generally not touch my face at work.

All that and I STILL catch this crap. It hit yesterday morning and was in full blown snotty glory by the afternoon. I picked up some medicine after work. This morning I barely woke up. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Aches, exhaustion, sneezing and watery eyes. I have every symptom on that box of niquil. The medicine helps keep the snot production down, but the sinus pressure is a constant low-grade headache. I tried eating a little, but just am not hungry. Or maybe I am, but food is just repulsive right now.

Gnah!

I just want to take a megaphone in and shout, "For all that is holy in this world, If You Are Sick STAY HOME Ya Stupid $#!ts."

I'm going to crawl back to bed and sleep for another 18 hours.

If you read this far down... what do YOU do to mitigate a severe cold? Chicken noodle soup? Steam bath? Hot peppers and milk? Or just a shot of whiskey with honey?

I might try 'em all if this doesn't clear up by morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links