Just Venting
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

I have been on the forum awhile now. I would guess, my 'strengths' are likely to be my unique approach to modding and as well, my willingness to provide encouragement and recognition.

Sometimes I find myself very frustrated with those that simply show-up, proudly proclaim they purchased some prehistoric model for cheap and now would like 'us' to help them with turning it into a KTM or Rokon. After the '30 questions' they are gone, or so it seems.

Over the years I have been here, there have been a modest number of folks that have given us all a Great Deal. To those folks, I would like to say "Thanks so much". In my opinion, the world only works because of people like you. It is a good thing that the planet rotates on it's own as it seems there are far more folks inclined to enjoy the benefits of gravity, than would be likely to work to sustain it.....

I realize that some of those that ask of us, give back else where. To you folks, I say thanks, and sorry for the mis-understanding.

To the rest, I am inclined to say; give a little more thought to giving first before you start asking of others.

Perhaps I need to adjust my thinking, likely as not, those that I find myself frustrated with simply don't get-it. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post

Sometimes I find myself very frustrated with those that simply show-up, proudly proclaim they purchased some prehistoric model for cheap and now would like 'us' to help them with turning it into a KTM or Rokon. After the '30 questions' they are gone, or so it seems.

Gerry

You must have seen my post about the 87 I just got

Now I feel like a dick for asking this forum for help...

I'm more than happy to offer my opinions and advice from experience but I don't feel like I have much useful information to contribute until I learn a little...
    1987 TW200 - Work in Progress

1995 TW200 - Blaster Shock

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

I think, as mentioned above, the case is just some know more than others. I mean, I use a handful of math formulas every day that someone, at some point, actually sat down and spent a hell of a lot of time figuring out. I don't contribute to the math community at all.

Providing knowledge is a thankless job, often.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

TeeDubs. Your post did not look familiar. To me, the fact that you did not start off suggesting that I was an 'asshole' indicates to me that you are concerned. As such, I suspect you will be far less inclined to simply take what you need and leave without giving something back.

Every thing that is provided here costs someone LOTS of time and likely more than a couple of bucks. It may seem "free", but to go for a quick ride is one thing, spending the time to strap on your camera so you can show your snowed in 'Friends' how much fun can be had after the thaw can be an annoying delay, but a fun "contribution".

All I want to say is; remember when you have been given something and make an effort to return the favor. If not here, somewhere else.... Thanks for your concern. Gerry

I definitely appreciate everything I get from here and hope at somepoint I can help somebody with something I've already gone through

I think most of us here just enjoy helping others and getting our fix on this TW addiction

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDubs View Post
    I definitely appreciate everything I get from here and hope at somepoint I can help somebody with something I've already gone through

I think most of us here just enjoy helping others and getting our fix on this TW addiction

TEE DUBS, given the scope of your project, you have the potential to "Offer Alot". Jot down those 'ah ha' moments and post lots of pictures for those that will surely follow. Thanks. Gerry

A cheap old motorcycle that needs a ton of work is no bargain. Could it be that people show up here out of desperation and disappear after they have given up?
    '10 Truimph Bonneville Std.

I'm here to learn about TWs... TW adventures... and hopefully make some new friends... maybe attend some TW gatherings or meet some local TW owners/riders... I wish I knew enough about the mechanics of the TW to add something more meaningful to the threads...
    KJ

2008 Yamaha TW200

2011 Kawasaki Versys

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV

2013 Honda CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by Mark In WA View Post
    A cheap old motorcycle that needs a ton of work is no bargain.

That is precisely why I bought a slightly used 2008 and a new 2009. I know I lack the skill set (and the tools) to do a rebuild... I'll be doing good when I feel comfortable doing my own routine maintenance...
    KJ

2008 Yamaha TW200

2011 Kawasaki Versys

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV

2013 Honda CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    TEE DUBS, given the scope of your project, you have the potential to "Offer Alot". Jot down those 'ah ha' moments and post lots of pictures for those that will surely follow. Thanks. Gerry

So far it's just been "uh oh" moments but it's a work in progress for me. I just like to tinker

Since the topic is venting my biggest peev is when people start a post asking a question that's already been discussed in 100000 other threads.......

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links