NW Rain
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: NW Rain

NW Rain

We just had our first stretch of sunbreaks for several days. Now we are in for another week of rain. This has been a record year for the wet. At least the NW is used to water and is not affected as bad as the dryer states that have been hit hard this year.

Just been getting the grass down as it is starting to really grow with the warmer weather and all the rain. Will just be doing what I can inside until it turns around again.

Sure feel for those folks that are having tornadoes and super flooding in the midwest and south. Compared to that I am on easy street.
    Dryden-Tdub, Elvesus, Ken and 3 others like this.

The NE is also very wet this spring. I hate mowing wet grass but don't have much choice since we get one day with no rain followed by 4 wet ones and preceded by 4 wet days. Today is my day but the grass won't dry enough to do a nice cut. Rain returns tonight and right through Monday again. I have 2 low spots in the lawn and am sure to rut them up when I do mow today and hope I don't sink the Kubota.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

West Central Ohio last week, these are fields, not rivers or creeks...more heavy storms last night:

DSC00601.JPGDSC00599.JPGDSC00603.JPG
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We had an unusal spring "storm " (hahaha )rain that formed over SoCal weird. And it was pretty cold and snowed in the local mountains highly unusal for May. My friends from other states that are here just laugh when somebody here calls the rain showers a storm. My brother in Fiji is bracing for a cyclone. So you can have trouble in paradise too. Though the rain we had wasn't trouble but still needed.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Ya, had planned to get the NC700 out and take a run out the Mckinzie or North Fork of the Willamette out Oak Ridge way and get my tenkara wet on an over night trip but my wait it out. If I do a PDX ride on the TW Sunday I'll post to see if anyone wants to tag along. Also my just head out Estacada way for a romp in the hills. If anyone in the area has like a cycle rack on the TW give a shout out. I'd like to see home my Mosko Moto bag fits before I order a rack.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

The rain pattern has finally changed here in the Boont. Now the weather speculators make a forecast of "Chance of rain" anytime a cloud appears .

Mowing here at the moment is challenging, mostly due to the amount of tiny frogs taking refuge in my lawn! Literally thousands of them!

If I move along slow enough, most of them seem to jump clear. But there is always collateral damage... Uuugh... m.

That's the weather in the Pacific North wet.
    mhomadness and Ken like this.
    Phelonius

It’s been quite delightful here this past week – spent most of it indoors painting. Would only of taken a day with the brushes if “her indoors” hadn’t done the shopping for the relevant supplies, (then buggered off for the week leaving me to it)

For a starter, the emulsion is the wrong colour (too dark), which is compounded by the single paint tray, and the one roller she got. Three paint brushes - one of which you could have used to paint the Mona Lisa, while the others are more suited to pasting up bill boards – and that’s all I’ve got to do the gloss paint as well (oil based, drips all over the place, and might explain why the cat is avoiding me at the moment)

Then there’s the fact that first she says she’s going to do it – then dumps me with the perishing thing !

Although why she thought putting the new flooring in before doing the painting is beyond me ….

Meanwhile, the grass is going berserk, during the one week a year that’s good cutting weather

And you guys are complaining about frogs !

I’d give them each a paint brush and tell them to get on with it …….

frog one.jpg frog two.jpg

/rant …..
    Mel, Fred, Elvesus and 4 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

This can be overcome, with a few items 'round the shop!

With long drywall screws, fasten the large brushes onto a string trimmer head 180 degrees from each other. Fuel & start string trimmer, dip head in a bucket of paint, & hold head of brushes towards wall to be painted. Now slowly squeeze throttle, & enjoy the results!

Oh, must use LOTS of drop cloths!! m.
    Mel and Purple like this.

If Purple offered rides on his TWs he could maybe hire these guys to finish the painting
    Purple and mhomadness like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links