Finally- Brought the toy hauler home 2017 ATC 7X20
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Finally- Brought the toy hauler home 2017 ATC 7X20

Finally- Brought the toy hauler home 2017 ATC 7X20

BIG EDIT: ACTUAL tongue weight was not measured correctly!!! It is actually 920 pounds, with propane and batteries, and NO cargo!! Houston, I have a PROBLEM.. Working with ATC to remedy the issue.

Only have a couple of outside pictures so far, it's been raining since yesterday afternoon, so I parked it and will leave the final checks and mods for nicer weather. My driveway is barely long enough. Half my SUV was in the roadway as I unhitched. I'll end up storing it at my parents house, much more room than me.

After a hiccup the weekend, trying to take delivery, I was able to get it yesterday. I towed it home without a WD hitch, and it towed without any sway whatsoever at 65 mph. Tongue weight is a bit high at around 625 lbs empty(no water or cargo or batteries). But it's unloaded, so with the TW and cargo, I'll likely be near 700 pounds tongue, and that will be fine. (NO IT"S NOT THIS WEIGHT) Still have to do many modifications to "make it mine". My 2 golf cart batteries are not installed yet, that will happen this coming week. Need to square away the removable front wheel chock system for the TW, and where I will park it in the camper. The weight distribution hitch needs to be installed, full system test of water systems, electrical, mechanical, refrigerator, beyond the bare minimum the trailer dealerships do. Didn't get a manual for the solar panel and inverter, have no idea what brand/model it is yet or how it works with batteries on board.

Happijac Bed has to be re-positioned, it's much too high from the factory. Need to remove the mattress and bed platform, then lower the brackets to the lowest point and test. All the options I ordered at least were there. I am also ordering a rear screen door system for it. So psyched for my Memorial weekend trip to Vermont for mountain biking. 100 gallon fresh water tank!! That's about 2 weeks of marine showers, dish washing, and toilet flushing.

The optional rear storage platform and solar panel are visible in the pictures from two front house windows. I figure I can throw a dry bag or two in the storage platform when I start my epic weeks long trips. I WILL BE AT MOAB 2018 in the Fall!!!! I'll have the shakedown run in a couple weeks and about 6 trips this year, one of them being to Canada and New England. I might be either at the Hatfield McCoy Trail systems (TW200 riding), West Virginia or the Pisgah National Forest (mountain biking) , North Carolina this Fall as well.

IMG_3233.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3255 side rear.jpg
    IMG_3256 side front.jpg
    IMG_3248.JPG
    Last edited by ToolmanJohn; 06-04-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Add some more pictures
    Fred, ejfranz, jtstdub and 16 others like this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

Nice to have the comforts of home and take your toys with you.

After seeing what Washington Larry did with a small cargo trailer it motivated me to go in that direction. At Moab it worked out well with just the shelving, propane burner for cooking, a microwave and bed to have a good sleep.

Today I wired in a 3000 watt inverter as the 200 was a bit small. Hung another cabinet and put a 4.5 cu ft refrigerator in. Still have room for a couple of toys. I think this will work out well for the time being. As I am headed for AK in a couple weeks, I am taking my Kawasaki cruiser to run around on. I have a TW up there already and will bring it home this trip along with a freezer full of fish.

Very nice. Congrats.
    I'm seeing more and more folks that trailer and tent camp going in this direction. Just can't pull the trigger on a real RV but the Toy Haulers offer the same comforts of home once you drop your bike(s) or quads.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That looks just about perfect size. Been eyeballing them for a few months now, but unfortunately now just isnt the right time. Congratulations on a sweet compliment to an outdoors lifestyle!

Hey congrats that's a great looking unit. You will love the solar if it is set up right.

The 2 6v golf cart batteries are the way to go. Bob (below) has two brands he prefers if you don't have yours yet. Read this blog all the way through and you will be an expert on RV solar. Most RV dealers set up the solar wrong. There is only one good easy way to tell when your batteries are truly full and that is with a good tracking meter. The other, not easy, way is a specific gravity test of the cells. He recomends a great meter trimetric I think. I don't have one on my set up yet. I have a cheap chinese charge controller (epever 2110a) that now has software that allows the charge profile to be changed to different parameters for different battery chemistries. Your solar charge controller should have some adjustment that will be better for the 2 6v in series than what the dealer set it at. He details that. Check all your wire sizes as that is key too. Most important is the wire size from the charge controller to the batteries because if the wires are too small there will be higher resistance and the charge controller will think the batteres are full when they are not and shut off too soon. You should have at least 10ga if not bigger going from the panel to the charge controller or you are losing power there too. My trailer came with 2 interstate 12v deepcycle batteries in parellel when those go bad I will switch to 6v trojans or the crown brand he likes. I have a 165w panel with easily brings my batteries up to full before noon depending on what I am running.

https://handybobsolar.wordpress.com
    Last edited by Tweaker; 05-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

I think your Toy Hauler is better than this one. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be from Idaho! This was actually listed as a Toy Hauler for, get this, 1 trillion dollars, I mean $1,000.
    littletommy, SanDue, Ken and 5 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ToolmanJohn View Post
    Only have a couple of outside pictures so far, it's been raining since yesterday afternoon, so I parked it and will leave the final checks and mods for nicer weather. My driveway is barely long enough. Half my SUV was in the roadway as I unhitched. I'll end up storing it at my parents house, much more room than me.

After a hiccup the weekend, trying to take delivery, I was able to get it yesterday. I towed it home without a WD hitch, and it towed without any sway whatsoever at 65 mph. Tongue weight is a bit high at around 625 lbs empty(no water or cargo or batteries). But it's unloaded, so with the TW and cargo, I'll likely be near 700 pounds tongue, and that will be fine. Still have to do many modifications to "make it mine". My 2 golf cart batteries are not installed yet, that will happen this coming week. Need to square away the removable front wheel chock system for the TW, and where I will park it in the camper. The weight distribution hitch needs to be installed, full system test of water systems, electrical, mechanical, refrigerator, beyond the bare minimum the trailer dealerships do. Didn't get a manual for the solar panel and inverter, have no idea what brand/model it is yet or how it works with batteries on board.

Happijac Bed has to be re-positioned, it's much too high from the factory. Need to remove the mattress and bed platform, then lower the brackets to the lowest point and test. All the options I ordered at least were there. I am also ordering a rear screen door system for it. So psyched for my Memorial weekend trip to Vermont for mountain biking. 100 gallon fresh water tank!! That's about 2 weeks of marine showers, dish washing, and toilet flushing.

The optional rear storage platform and solar panel are visible in the pictures from two front house windows. I figure I can throw a dry bag or two in the storage platform when I start my epic weeks long trips. I WILL BE AT MOAB 2018 in the Fall!!!! I'll have the shakedown run in a couple weeks and about 6 trips this year, one of them being to Canada and New England. I might be either at the Hatfield McCoy Trail systems (TW200 riding), West Virginia or the Pisgah National Forest (mountain biking) , North Carolina this Fall as well.

Yours doesn't look like one of those Gigantor-sized Toy Haulers, I like it. Hope to see some before and after inside pictures too.

P.S. are those torpedo tubes on the front. Kind of an anti-theft protection device if so. Just have your truck disconnected!

Chris from Florida at the Moab Gathering had a Toy Hauler too. Just looking at it I thought it was just a camper but then I took a look with him and to my surprise it was a ToyHauler. Much shorter than the other Gigantor's. Very easy to pull I bet.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yes, more info on it and inside pictures, how much space for toys?
    Ken likes this.

2017 ATC 7X20 toy hauler.
    Gross Weight - 7700 #
    Empty Trailer Weight without Propane tanks and batteries - 4464#

I installed my Trojan T-105 batteries and new GC2 battery box last week. Took 6 hours and lots of measuring, but it's very securely bolted into the aluminum extruded planks using nutserts. Found a problem with solar charge controller, bad crimped connection, fixed that too, running the roads to different stores looking for an 8 AWG crimp splice is a pain.

I should be making my first trip with it middle of June for NembaFest in East Burke Vermont, mountain bike festival. Hopefully heading out at least 5 times this year, with many trips now in the fantasy/planning stage now for next year. Definitely MOAB 2018 for a couple weeks. I really want to hit Colorado while I'm out there too. And do some mountain biking as well as trail riding on the TW.

I'll have to get some good pictures.I hadn't even thought of it really, just want to get out there badly and travel. The big bathroom, 100 gallon fresh tank, big fridge, and all aluminum build were key selling points. It is really built so well, excepting a few minor flaws I found and fixed (Solar charger wire connection, screen door striker plate all wrong, remounted, and the electric bed lift was setup for double queen bunks, and I had to change that for a single queen.)

I do have to add a dinette. And I might change the single queen out for dual folding sofa beds instead. Or leave the queen as a top bunk and have the sofa/beds under, they fold out of the way.

The are quite a few changes I want to make, but all in good time.
    Last edited by ToolmanJohn; 05-23-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Tweaker and BkCntryCrwlr like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)

Inside pictures.

I think I could easily fit two full size motorcycles side by side. But most of my trips will be with mountain bikes. Only a few will have the TW along for the ride.
    IMG_3258.JPGIMG_3259.JPGIMG_3260.JPGIMG_3261.JPGIMG_3262.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links