Was i not just saying how bad the ER is?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Was i not just saying how bad the ER is?

Was i not just saying how bad the ER is?

Well after the "glove wont fit" thread, i was shuddering about the terrible nature of the ER. As fate would have it, the girlfriend and some friends and i were out for a ride today, me on the TW, and she on my 4wheeler. Long story short she rolled the quad at considerable speed and gave herself a significant concussion and two lacs on her forehead (just underneath the pad of the helmet...not sure how). Very scary to say the least. Just another reminder to always keep the rubber side down. Unbelievably, she and the bike stayed up on the logging road. Not sure how but its amazing just how lucky she got. Was completely unable to remember anything from the day or to retain any information for at least 6-7 hours. CT came back negative thankfully.
    Be safe all!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 05-22-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Terrible news but a valuable reminder of just how dangerous our motor sports can be. Best of luck to your girlfriend on a rapid recovery.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Imagine how bad this could have been if she was not wearing a brain bucket! Back before these Go Pro video cameras I rolled a Polaris Sportsman when I slammed a hidden stump blasting through a field. Tossed me straight over the bars and when I landed the rear rack was coming right over me. I was quick enough to get my legs up and kick it away and the quad landed upright right along side of me. My riding buddies who watched in horror all said they never saw a cooler flip and the only damage was to the winch rollers. I did not get hurt at all but when I took my helmet off there was a hole in the back that likely would have been deadly. That was the second and last helmet I ever crushed and it sure is clear I lead with my head.

Hope the GF is OK and learned a valuable lesson.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Everyone has holes in their head, we don't need more.
    Phelonius

ER and ObamaCare...a lovely combination

Wife had a spell while at her Ladies' group about 2 weeks ago, they called me, but drove her to the Hospital, 6 miles away, while I joined them there...2 CATs 2EKgs, MRI, overnight, and IV fluids along with bad meals over a 22 hour period....got the tab:

$14,4000 WTF!

Turns out, she went to her Nurse Practitioner the day after she got out....and was told she had an allergic reaction to penicillin, that the nurse had given her...so basically the $14 grand price tag was pissing in the wind...

Thankful that is was nothing worse, and the insurance likely will pay most of the tab....but $14 grand for 22 hours???? I recall back in 1975 I had an allergic reaction to Crab Meat....the night in the Hospital and treatment, with no insurance used, cost me $94 ... total!

Things have changed in those 40 years, and it sure the Hell isn't for the better....thanks to the "Sue~ers" , freeloaders, and Obammy Care....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Ken
    Sorry to hear about the flip. I'm glad she's recovering and will be ok. A good reminder about the safety gear.

After she heals treat her to a nice new helmet. The old one earned its retirement.

Prayers for a speedy recovery. m.

If you take your bike to a mechanic and he does something harmful or wrong, you don't need to pay him and can sue for damages.
    Try that with a hospital. Even if they do it wrong they bill you heavily, and ruin your credit if you don't pay, or maybe garnish your wages.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Phelonius

Thanks for the well wishes. Im afraid to see what her ER bill is gonna be. Her insurance doesnt start covering till she pays a small down payment on a house. Gonna be a bitter monthly reminder of just how lucky she got. It's incredibly frightening to see what a sharp hit to the head will do to our ability to process thought or remember anything. Seeing how bent up the 2" steel tubing on the front bumper/brush guard is and how much gravel is trapped under the bead of the front tire... gives me chills to think how violent that was for her small body.
    Again thanks for the positive thoughts.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links