Health dictates
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Health dictates

Health dictates

Seems I have hit the wall as far as riding safe. I have noticed a decrease in energy lately. Went in for a colonoscopy and was diagnosed with Afib. As I did have a heart doc appt the next week I figured no problem they will fix it. On seeing the doc at the university of Washington, I was put on a blood thinner at fourhundred a month. Luckily they got me a voucher for a free month and gave me some numbers to call. The meds will be given to me free from the makers. As I am headed for Ak they wanted to put me on a pill that doesn't have to have blood checked each week as I take two a day. If I bump my head, get a bruise, stub a toe, well you get the idea, I have to immediately see an emergency room. Those that know me know I would have to campout next to that door.

So the safe way for me is to stay off two wheels for a while till I get back after a couple months and they reset my heart rythem. Hopefully I can get off the thinner and be normal. Sure didn't figure on this.

If things don't work out I will have to get rid of the toys, too painful to have them around and not play.
    Ken, jtomelliott49 and SanDue like this.

Damn. Sorry to here this Randall. Take care of your health above anything else. Says the old guy that hasn't seen a doctor in about 8 years.

Hey Plumb,

I just heard this on the way home from work today. A study showed that eating dark chocolate reduces your risk of A-Fib! I guess it couldn't hurt if you self medicated by eating a few candy bars - sure beats eating broccoli!

Eating Chocolate, A Little Each Week, May Lower The Risk Of A Heart Flutter : The Salt : NPR

Seriously, best wishes and hope they are able to get things under control for you.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

randall,

i hope it gets all straightened out, plumb or close enough to it.
    ride on!

joe
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

get well soon pal. keep your head up and be diligent on taking care of these things. In the mean time be careful while on thinners.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Sorry to hear this about you! This book changed my life ...the calorie mith , you my want to read it.

ronnydog

Have they spoken to you about possible ablation? If you are unable to comply with meds or meds dont work or you are in a position where drug intervention may not be ideal, ablation may be an option. Just something to consider. PM if i can shed any light. Man that sounds like a commercial!!
    Best of luck brother.

Sorry to hear your Afib Plumb. Man of all the damn things that can slow us down being on blood thinner really sucks. I wish you the best an I'll pray you have a speedy recovery.

Rick
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Be careful, and get some of the the military grade stop bleed to keep with you on your trip. When I was on thinners I cut my hand putting some metal roofing on, bled for 3 hours before I finally went to the Doc-in-a box, got 3 stitches,3 damn stitches, never had less than 10 before.

Get well and safe travels.
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

Bummer brother Plumb. Don't stress your heart out with any new girlfriends!! If I couldn't have a motorcycle, you might as well just kill me now. Take it easy bro and if you need anything, just give me a holler. Love ya bra!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links