Awwww yeaah
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awwww yeaah

Ordered a brand new ufo front fender made for the wr250f/wr450; hopefully it will bolt right onto my 09 xt250, replacing the half fender/ split lowered mudguard thing, with a full raised ufo, pic on the way when i get it all together.

Parts should be here friday.

Anybody else rockin the xt250?

Actually I'm kinda liking the high-low fender arrangement and considering it for my TW.

Any particular reason other than looks for why you're changing it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I was mainly doing it for asthetics, the stock split fender on the xt250 is just kinda strange. I liked it at first but after remembering what a real enduro should look like i wanted to make the swap,

A tw would look awesome with a high fender,

Ill make sure to post pics when i hook everything up this weekend

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I myself admit to being a bit of a off-road snob...this is what I added to my TW.

But the bottom line is to each their own and let's all have fun together on our TW !!
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Specifically I was looking to see if there was a functional disadvantage to your original fender I might have overlooked.

I like the low fender but the front of mine keep breaking. I like the coverage of the low fender in terms of keeping crap off of me and my motor and thought I'd just cut the nose off my stocker and put half a KTM replacement fender up top.

20 buck solution vs. dealer prices solution.

All good.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    "I'd just cut the nose off my stocker and put half a KTM replacement fender up top."
    I like this idea!!! I would also add a rubber flap to the back end of the lower to keep that mud off the engine.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I have the same fender as Brock. Perhaps it was a result of my fork mod, but in any event I had to remove the slotted rear section of the fender. I seemed to be concerned with airflow and as well getting lots of crud jammed into the engines cooling fins. My solution was to fashion an extension for the fender made from expanded metal. Seems to filter out much of the gunk, allows water to splash the grid clean and I get (I assume) a pretty good air flow. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Specifically I was looking to see if there was a functional disadvantage to your original fender I might have overlooked.

I like the low fender but the front of mine keep breaking. I like the coverage of the low fender in terms of keeping crap off of me and my motor and thought I'd just cut the nose off my stocker and put half a KTM replacement fender up top.

20 buck solution vs. dealer prices solution.

All good.

I like the long bolt and spacer (or springs) mod. Lifts the fender up anywhere from 1 to 3 inches depending on hardware, and allows that much more "mud clearance" for the sticky clay rides, without backing off the wheel so much that it can splash more onto the bike & me.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post

I like the long bolt and spacer (or springs) mod. Lifts the fender up anywhere from 1 to 3 inches depending on hardware, and allows that much more "mud clearance" for the sticky clay rides, without backing off the wheel so much that it can splash more onto the bike & me.

You might want to post a pic of the spring mod for the newbies. Don't think it has come up in awhile.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You might want to post a pic of the spring mod for the newbies. Don't think it has come up in awhile.
    I am in the process of doing this. I am raising it 1" so the bracket doesnt interfere with the fork boots and it doesn't hit the bottom of tripletrees when the forks are fully compressed. I am having trouble finding the springs and dont want to use spacers. With the springs, I feel like if I hit the fender on something, it would have a little give so it doesn't break.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links