Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By phelonius
  • 3 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By socalnative
  • 1 Post By sub251

Thread: California Riders Code Red Alert for OHV's

California Riders Code Red Alert for OHV's

You may already be aware, but I saw this Red Alert on Facebook. It may already be to late but thought I'd post it since I saw it.

The General's Recreation HQ: CODE RED ALERT - Stop SB 249 in Senate Vote Today

CODE RED ALERT - Stop SB 249 in Senate Vote Today

STAT ACTION REQUIRED this AM – Senate Vote on SB 249 is today

The Recreation HQ is firing up its CODE RED Alert System and is asking you to take just a minute or two this a.m. to contact your own CA State Senator and ask them to VOTE NO or replacement of the “urgency” which was taken out of the current version of SB 249 as a way to marginalize state senators who support the current CA OHV Program.

LINK so you can quickly find your own state senator
    Find Address

OHV Community Alert to Senate Floor (for additional info and topics)

Bullet Points:

· Ask them to vote NO on SB 249 or replacement of the “urgency” to keep the bill in the Senate for further discussions

· SB 249 would force the complete rewrite of OHV regulations that would halt any grants going to county law enforcement, conservation/restoration efforts, and safety programs for a period of at least one year or the grants program might not even exist in any meaningful capacity.

· OHV is an important multi-billion dollar per year economic benefit to the state and local economy

· The OHV Program is a national model of environmentally sound recreation

· The current OHV program was created in a bipartisan manner under the leadership of Senator Steinberg in 2007. The OHV program provides critical funding for law enforcement, search and rescue, conservation, and protection of natural and cultural resources.

Please do this today!

Thanks,

Don Amador
    Ken and sub251 like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Just to avoid confusion, OHV refers to off highway vehicles usage in California. As most of us know there is a very active part of the California legslature that is against people having fun on public land and will do anything to prevent it.
    socalnative and Ken like this.
    Phelonius

NY already has the most restrictive OHV rules in the country and I highly recommend you guys fight this hard. My tax dollars buys the land, pays the salaries and the very first thing that happens is they restrict any and all motorized vehicles. I wish Kathy Griffin would show some disenchantment to Senator Chuck Schumer and Governor Andrew Cuomo like the bimbo did with Trump.

GaryL
    lugnut, socalnative and Ken like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I always get a chuckle when my other way leaning buddies try to spin their way out of the fact it's predominately one side vs OHV, fishing, hiking, biking, insert non-sanctioned activity or event here.

I love hearing "well there's two parties and both are to blame".
    Yes, except for the last 40 years CA has been ran by one side. And only the 66.6% majority rule has saved CA from totally being beaten into the ground.

But now the stupid rep's agreed a new method to cut the state up into districts and of course lost the necessary seats in the assembly and senate to keep the other side from having their 66.6% carte blanche.
    It was simply agreeing to not lose more seats later in an effort to save their useless behinds and jobs.

Way to go rep's. Nothing like caving into the abyss.
    Ken likes this.

Unfortunately, it looks like this turd passed the Senate and has moved on to the Assembly: Bill History

Can take action here: Save California OHV
    admiral likes this.
    1987 TW200
    2009 Kawasaki KLX250s
    2012 Honda CRF250x
    2019 Beta 200 RR

Here in NY it is a well known fact that of the millions of acres set aside as State owned park lands less than 2% of the residents ever get to see any of these vast forests. That is because you have to be fit and very agile with a desire to hike in to these gorgeous places. I could do it when I was 20 and go deep into the woods to a remote pond for an over night or weekend wilderness camping/fishing trip. Now at 65 and having paid the taxes all my life to preserve these lands I can't even consider such a trip without some form of motorized travel. The politicians seem to fall for all this preservation crap while never giving any thought to exactly who will ever get to see these places and who it is that pays the bills. I certainly do not advocate any forms of destructive usage but a designated trail through some of these pristine forests so older and less capable individuals could go would be a much better plan for those who have paid "Their Fair Share"!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links