650 scrambler
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 650 scrambler

Well I've had my 2002 suzuki savage for about a month now and I found this kit ryca is worling on. What do you guys think?

My link

I like the RYCA cafe conversion but that scrambler is looking pretty good too!
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

Brings a tear to me one good eye. My first bike was a 305 Scrambler like the one in this pic. Sure looks dated now, especially against the RYCA, but I still wanna put a digital speedo and LED indicator lights into an original headlight housing from back in the day. What does RYCA provide for instrumentation?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I like it better than the cafe version. Can't wait to see a real build as opposed to an artist's rendition. The two things about the drawing that look different to me than the real Scrambler above, other than the twin cylinders, and of course belt drive, are the handle bar height and the length of the seat. The handle bars look a little lower and the seat a little shorter on the Ryca.

What I would love to have is a standard motorcyle, as defined by the 70's Hondas. It looks like this kit comes the closest of anything I've seen so far. I know the Triumph Bonneville is a classic bike, but I don't have that kind of money.

I wonder how much this kit will be?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Brings a tear to me one good eye. My first bike was a 305 Scrambler like the one in this pic. Sure looks dated now, especially against the RYCA, but I still wanna put a digital speedo and LED indicator lights into an original headlight housing from back in the day. What does RYCA provide for instrumentation?

I was at my friends house sunday and his neighbor came over who is a big motorcycle guy, he said he had an old honda speedo for my tdub. So we go back in his pole barn to get it and there was an old dusty bike leaning against the wall, my friend asked about it and he said he would sell it to the first person who gave him a 100 bucks. I'ts a 1964 Honda Dream and he said it runs and he has the title, so I said I'll be back next weekend to get it.

Nice score. There's a 250 that's been chained to a tree in a yard near me for years. Prolly beyond any restoration efforts at this point, but those old Dreams are about as retro-cool as it gets.

Even with the Suzuki's relatively low HP figures I'll bet a lightened up, owner-built scrambler-flattracker version would dish out more attention and giggles per mile than that 500+pound store-bought NuvoBonneville.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That is just like the one I rode for a couple of years in high school.

I remember riding it during the summer wearing cutoff jeans for shorts, no shirt, and bare feet. Man, was I cool!

I was a lot more indestructable back then.

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    What does RYCA provide for instrumentation?

If you clink on day 3 they show the rear blinkers and day 4 they show a bracket for the speedo

With the chain conversion there's probably enough room for a 180/90-14 rear tire.

They posted day 5, this is starting to look very tempting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links