And this explains why I'm still single.....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: And this explains why I'm still single.....

And this explains why I'm still single.....

Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

My mother's advice to me was to stop looking for the right one, BE the right one. Sounded good but not really sure what all that encompasses, although I now have an awesome wife that thinks highly of me and puts up with my quirky nature...most of the time. Oh, my mother also said, "there are worse things than being single". My mother is full of wise advice. I'd tell her about a good deal I got on a recent purchase. She would say, every time, without fail, "it would be even cheaper if you didn't buy it". Hard to argue with that! In all seriousness, learn to enjoy whatever "season" you are in, and being single really is not a bad thing. If you find the right one, great. If not, that's great also. Keep riding the bikes, go to TW gatherings, and enjoy life.
    jbfla, 2scoops, jtstdub and 10 others like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I started giggling just reading the title. Boy, I got lucky Mrs. Admiral found me. My encounter number would be more like 1.8 per every 6 months (optimistically speaking).

H.O.P.E. you have a great summer!
    Ken, jtstdub, Mrs. Admiral and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's awesome!! I'm analytical, and in hindsight most of my girlfriends have been -P.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I started giggling just reading the title. Boy, I got lucky Mrs. Admiral found me. My encounter number would be more like 1.8 per every 6 months (optimistically speaking).

H.O.P.E. you have a great summer!
    Lucky for me, The Admiral was easy to convince that he couldn't live without me any longer!!!!

I have a buddy 41 and still single. Makes well over a 6 figure salary and by all accounts is a good looking dude. I must have met 20+ of his gal friends he was dating and every one was what I call the Barbi Doll, high maintenance hottie type and most were actually quite shallow once I spent a little time around them. He would love to be settled down and married and father a couple of children but he just can't get off the kick of sporting the Trophy gals. I keep telling him to dump the high rollers and find himself a nice down to earth country gal that has beauty from within but he won't listen. On the flip side, he would be a lousy catch for any nice gal. Far too self centered and way full of himself. If I knew a real sweet gal I would not even introduce her to him. He would surely find all of her faults quick and so would she find his. I am almost positive when and if he ever does pop the question and want to marry that he will have a lawyer draw up a prenuptial agreement protecting his possessions which are quite vast and looks like toys are us with nice cars, 2 or 3 Condos and a super nice fishing boat plus all the top gear to go with all the toys. I look at my buddy and all I can think is "You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink".

Fortunate for me that I learned pretty early that Eye Candy was sweet but always left a bad taste in my mouth. I also learned that we are what we were made from. At age 20 if you told me I would look just like my dad or mom I would have laughed at you. Now at age 65 I dam sure do look just like my dad and my wife now looks just like her mother did when I first met her and mom. Not at all a bad thing but certainly worth consideration if a trophy is what you are looking for. Very few of us age as gracefully as we would hope. My wife has 2 younger sisters and both, all 3, are their mothers daughters 30 years later. She has 2 brothers and both are their fathers sons and share pretty much most of the same quirks. Life is funny but for me I could not be happier to have found a gal who can put up with all my crap and I can deal with hers. There are plenty of times when we don't like each other but never has been a time when we did not love and respect each other. That is the key to a happy life.

I don't know Luv, maybe there has not yet been anyone who honestly deserves you.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Senior Member DARIVS ARCHITECTVS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have a buddy 41 and still single. Makes well over a 6 figure salary and by all accounts is a good looking dude. I must have met 20+ of his gal friends he was dating and every one was what I call the Barbi Doll, high maintenance hottie type and most were actually quite shallow once I spent a little time around them. He would love to be settled down and married and father a couple of children but he just can't get off the kick of sporting the Trophy gals. I keep telling him to dump the high rollers and find himself a nice down to earth country gal that has beauty from within but he won't listen. On the flip side, he would be a lousy catch for any nice gal. Far too self centered and way full of himself. If I knew a real sweet gal I would not even introduce her to him. He would surely find all of her faults quick and so would she find his. I am almost positive when and if he ever does pop the question and want to marry that he will have a lawyer draw up a prenuptial agreement protecting his possessions which are quite vast and looks like toys are us with nice cars, 2 or 3 Condos and a super nice fishing boat plus all the top gear to go with all the toys. I look at my buddy and all I can think is "You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink".

Fortunate for me that I learned pretty early that Eye Candy was sweet but always left a bad taste in my mouth. I also learned that we are what we were made from. At age 20 if you told me I would look just like my dad or mom I would have laughed at you. Now at age 65 I dam sure do look just like my dad and my wife now looks just like her mother did when I first met her and mom. Not at all a bad thing but certainly worth consideration if a trophy is what you are looking for. Very few of us age as gracefully as we would hope. My wife has 2 younger sisters and both, all 3, are their mothers daughters 30 years later. She has 2 brothers and both are their fathers sons and share pretty much most of the same quirks. Life is funny but for me I could not be happier to have found a gal who can put up with all my crap and I can deal with hers. There are plenty of times when we don't like each other but never has been a time when we did not love and respect each other. That is the key to a happy life.

I don't know Luv, maybe there has not yet been anyone who honestly deserves you.

GaryL

You JUST CAN'T fix Stupid, Garyl...
    He is what he is, and change comes slow or not at all to some people. Beauty IS really skin deep, but character goes straight through to the soul.
    Last edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS; 06-27-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    (Darius the Engineer)

1944 DKW NZ350-1 11. Panzerdivision
    2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure
    2010 Yamaha TW200 (cuz it's cute)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post

GaryL
    What a nice kind thought Gary. Luv is pretty special.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS View Post
    You JUST CAN'T fix Stupid, Garyl...
    He is what he is, and change comes slow or not at all to some people. Beauty IS really skin deep, but character goes straight through to the soul.
    Stupid is more a matter of involving yourself in other peoples love lives! I think my buddy is just selfish and not willing to make room for any gal who will most certainly get in his set ways. We gave up on match making years ago after my best buddy married my wife's sister. They are still together and still OK except both are miserable and basically just live in the same house.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Thanks for the kind words, GaryL! Honestly, this was posted more for fun than anything. I do get lonely sometimes, but I'm not really looking for love right now.

My biggest obstacle is I'm an introvert's introvert - might as well be a hermit . I'm very cautious around people - not the most open person in the world - but am fiercely loyal to my small circle of friends. My ex and I knew each other for 10 years before we started dating and got married. He was my best friend. But sometimes friends grow apart and need different things. We're still friends, just no longer married.

There is someone for everyone out there. They just have to be open to meeting them. It took my mother until she was 64 to find the right man who wasn't intimidated by her independence. I definitely don't want to wait that long, but won't go for 'just anyone' either. I get out and socialize in spurts, then have to hide for a few days/weeks/months to recharge and recuperate (LOL). It's just how I'm built. It will all work out in time.

In the mean time, though, I thought this was pretty funny and could relate to the formulas
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links