Lauren has 50 more CC's then Me.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Lauren has 50 more CC's then Me.

Lauren has 50 more CC's then Me.

Wow Lauren has graduated from her 50 cc Scooter to a Yamaha V-Star 250 and what a deal she got.
    The PO Girl bought this 2015 in 2016 and put 1600 miles on it then had to leave Honolulu. She put it on Craigslist for $3500 and had a buyer. The person wound up not buying it at the last minute which jammed her up because she was leaving Honolulu the very next day. The PO took it to a Yamaha shop to sell and they offered her $2000 paying her after it sold. Lauren seen the add and just happened to call her while she was in the process of dealing with the shop. Lauren had the money in her savings and offered her the cash and is now a proud owner of a V-Star.
    Lauren's taking the motorcycle safety course to get her endorsement this Thursday.

IMG_8011.JPG

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8013.PNG

Have any of you guys ever owned a V-Star?
    Last edited by TopPredator; 07-02-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Wow Lauren has graduated from her 50 cc Scooter to a Yamaha V-Star 250 and what a deal she got.
    The PO Girl bought this 2015 in 2016 and put 1600 miles on it then had to leave Honolulu. She put it on Craigslist for $3500 and had a buyer. The person wound up not buying it at the last minute which jammed her up because she was leaving Honolulu the very next day. The PO took it to a Yamaha shop to sell and they offered her $2000 paying her after it sold. Lauren seen the add and just happened to call her while she was in the process of dealing with the shop. Lauren had the money in her savings and offered her the cash and is now a proud owner of a V-Star.
    Lauren's taking the motorcycle safety course to get her endorsement this Thursday.

IMG_8011.JPG

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8013.PNG

Have any of you guys ever owned a V-Star?
    i had one last year, had to trade it in, for one reason. it was killing my back! loved the bike, it handled great and was fun to ride and it looked great. if it wasn't for the seat I would still have it. it was a little under powered for the highway and with all that chrome it was a lot of work to keep it sparkly. I would post a picture, but I give up trying to post pictures on this forum
    Last edited by grewen; 07-02-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Good looking bike for the islands.
    jtomelliott49, TopPredator and Ken like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The seats are the weak point of those small bikes. Mom had a 450 Rebel and had a local upholstery shop repad her seat to make it more comfortable.
    But those little bikes are dependable and easy to drive; great beginner bikes. I'm sure she'll have a ton of fun on it!
    grewen, jtomelliott49, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

My mother has a 250 Virago- which is exactly the same bike just before they before they changed the name. Despite having 50 (*53) more CCs, it feels much slower. I found it to be painfully slow when I rode it. No matter what speed you are at or where you are in the rev range you feel like you should be going faster. Maybe it's faster than the TW or maybe it's slower I don't know, but it certainly feels slow. Maybe because the TW is such a fun little bastard that I expect all little bikes to be fun when that's not the point of the Vstar, or maybe it's because I expect plenty of torque on a cruiser and a 250 doesn't have any [lotsa torque is the only positive on most cruisers- right?], but I think it has a distinct learner-bike-then-move-on-to-something-better feel to it.
    TopPredator, jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.

Wow, that sounds a lot harsher on paper than it did in my head... uh, congratulations on the new purchase.

sure did!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Lots of traffic in Hawaii I'm sure she won't need to much speed.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    Wow, that sounds a lot harsher on paper than it did in my head... uh, congratulations on the new purchase.
    This site does offer an "edit" function just in case we post something that does not come off the way we intended. I have used it myself on MANY occasions

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Nice! From my understanding, Hawaii's speed limits are somewhat lower than the rest of the US: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...alerie-mellema

So this should suit her very well there. Nimble, enough speed to do the job but not too much to get in trouble. Were money, storage considerations, and maintenance costs not a factor, I'd probably have a bike like that.

Only Vstar I ever had was an 1100 Custom. Nice bike, but HEAVY.
    TopPredator and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links