What started it for me recently.......
Close

In 1975, I had been married a year, I bought a 1975 Yamaha enduro new for $1400 and rode it for about 10 years with my wife on the back a lot of the time.

We sold it, then 37 years later my son (35) called and said he had located a bike exactly like the one I owned. I contacted the owner who had not listed it yet for sale and after a day or so she.............yes she decided to sell it to me. She lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan and told me she bought this bike new when she was 19 and stored it in a garage only riding it occasionally. It was alaways serviced and never laid down and never rode on hills or rough trails.

It only had about 2100 miles and all were easy level street miles. She is a wonderful woman and once we met online and by phone she knew it had to come to me......mainly because my wife saw it and she is fighting cancer........we are fighting together and she has won.

The day she saw a picture she said "oh my", that is your bike.....or exactly like yours and I need to buy that for you......long story short it made the trip from her home to mine in 1 day in perfect condition and started on the first crank. It has the original tires and mirror.....in fact it is 100% original.

The sad part is it is simply too nice to ride on trails or in the woods. So it is now in my locked/alarmed barn and covered and only rode about 2 times a week.

Below is a video diary so far.........and then I found the TW200 to actually ride and use.

Sorry for the long post. My wife is the reason I have both of these......and of course God.

Thanks for listening and Watching.

Revolverman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFAIwK4thI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifq7mWPhfvc
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

VERY nice. Unbelievably cool find.

Mine was yeller 400 and if I could find one that sweet I'd drag it home in a heartbeat. Still brings a tear to me one good eye when I think of those bikes and those days.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Wow! It's like taking a step back in time. She's a beaut, finds like that are very few and far between. You did good, waaay good! The best part is knowing you'll be riding it, but preserving it's condition. That bike could become a family heirloom. I generally prefer 4 strokes, but my 2nd bike was a Kawasaki 175. Hearing you go through the gears brought back fond memories. Thanks for sharing this special experience.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks a bunch guys.

I appreciate the kind words. I still can't understand how something 37 years old with rubber and plastic can stay in such good shape. The previous owner thinks it was because it was stored in a cool dark garage all those years and only started once or so a week and rode to work a few times in 37 years.

The tires do have very tiny cracks, but since this bike will probably never see the road again I dont plan to change them.

Its kind of sad in a way......to retire one with so much left in it. But if its ridden, it will be like a lot of others real soon......a restoration project, which is wonderful and they all turn out beautiful, but not the same as original.

Revolverman.

Very, very nice find.

I am a firm believer that there is a big wheel (no pun intended!) out there and what you place on it comes back around to you. You must be putting some good out there!

I wish you and your Wife continued success in your fight for your shared good health.

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Thanks !

That means a lot to me......both of us.

She has been through a lot with radiation and all, but God has blessed us with her doing so well.

Revolverman.

Wow nice bike also had a yellow 400 back in day.Welcome to you an your wife hope yall come in an stay awile.

I'd ride that bike every single day.

You only live once might as well enjoy it!

Great find, great story.

Beautiful bike, great find. It was built to be ridden, enjoy it! OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

How much did you have to cough up for that beauty?
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Sponosred Links