Sat tv
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rmartin
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Sat tv

Sat tv

I don't know how many times we have watched a show and missed the end because of a storm. Today the last two laps of the Brichyard 400. Watched it for 6 hours and missed the end.

looked the results up on internet.

Makes me think the old system worked better.
    jtomelliott49 and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Old, as in analog/antenna??? I totally agree. I've been told we had to go digital because of 9/11. Anybody know if this is true??? I am thinking about dropping Directv and going back to free/antenna tv. Not much worth watching anyway. Back in the day, "Cheers" was my favorite show. Nothing compares anymore. My opinion only.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Get an android box for $100.00 and don't look back .

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We cut the tv cord a few years ago. Best thing we ever did. We have Internet, use a Roku stick and subscribe to Hulu and Netflix, which is commercial free. I have a few race subscriptions and we are still under what we paid for sat tv. We've learned we can find stuff on the net and cast it to the tv if we need. The antenna on the house still gets all the network stuff.

Nice to have options where you live. I don't have any here so all communications must come from outer space via satellites. When ever it rains I lose all connections for TV and Internet but I never lose the XM radio. We get absolutely zero cellular signal here and from the satellite internet we are not able to go with any of the streaming video stuff such as net flix, Hulu, Roku due to data cap limits. I don't know what an Android box is but suspect it depends upon some other elusive signal I can't get. There is no cable TV here and the phone lines are older than me and pretty much useless for any internet services. Welcome to the 20th century here in the NY Catskills mountains and just 80 miles from the biggest metro city in this country.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

An Android box uses the internet to stream anything you want to your tv ,all for free ,no subscriptions or fees .Netflix up here is about $8.00 per month ,but they only add 20-30 or so movies to It a month .The Android box is free per month and all the latest movies are on it within a day or so of them being released ,including ones in theatres although it's often best to wait a few weeks for a better version of the movies .You can find all the old tv shows and movies you watched years ago if you like ,or brand new tv shows as well .You can watch tv from other countries ,my wife and daughter watch Australian tv all the time .All you need for it to work is an internet connection .A loaded box can be found easily almost everywhere for $100.00 or less ,it doesn't take long for it to pay for itself .

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
    An Android box uses the internet to stream anything you want to your tv ,all for free ,no subscriptions or fees .Netflix up here is about $8.00 per month ,but they only add 20-30 or so movies to It a month .The Android box is free per month and all the latest movies are on it within a day or so of them being released ,including ones in theatres although it's often best to wait a few weeks for a better version of the movies .You can find all the old tv shows and movies you watched years ago if you like ,or brand new tv shows as well .You can watch tv from other countries ,my wife and daughter watch Australian tv all the time .All you need for it to work is an internet connection .A loaded box can be found easily almost everywhere for $100.00 or less ,it doesn't take long for it to pay for itself .
    Exactly what I thought Bruce. Too bad my satellite internet has a data cap and videos from anywhere eat all the data I get monthly in just a few youtube videos. I would bet that just one 30 minute episode of a show would eat my entire months allotment of DATA. The android box might be great for those who have internet connections with NO DATA LIMITS. I can't even own a computer that runs on Windows because of all the BS updates they automatically send that are DATA HEAVY. Updating our I Phones must be done where free WiFi is offered like Duncan Donuts. $60/month for Sat Internet gets me 10 MBs of data and an additional 5 MBs costs another $40. YES, major rip off but it is what I must do just to be here and on the WWW.

GaryL
    Bruce's likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I set our sat record for extra time but I've missed the end of a few races. I haven't watched the B-400 yet so I suppose I should skip to the end of the record time and see if I missed the end on this one too. Frickin & Frackin Kasafrackin electro-gizmo technology wizards my butt!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I thought the Kodie box was going to be " the wave of the future" but if your internet speed is like ours, then your android box will be collecting dust on the shelf like ours does
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sponosred Links