ISO...Riflescope...
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: ISO...Riflescope...

ISO...Riflescope...

For a work gun...would rather go used as my work guns don't get the best treatment...and it's not life or limb....3x9, or 4x12...along those lines...decent quality please....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    cowboyjeff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathats View Post
    For a work gun...would rather go used as my work guns don't get the best treatment...and it's not life or limb....3x9, or 4x12...along those lines...decent quality please....

What caliber? Price range? I have probably 25 riflescopes of various quality/manufacturer's. Might be able to point you in a decent direction.....

Tom
    cowboyjeff and Toecutter like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    What caliber? Price range? I have probably 25 riflescopes of various quality/manufacturer's. Might be able to point you in a decent direction.....

Tom
    17hmr....dinged my old Bushnell I had on it..primary close to town rifle as it can be suppressed, small chance of ricochet, old bushy was fogged up this morn...I do ADC work for our canal company...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Bushnell has a lifetime warranty i think. Got one as a gift years and years ago, put it on a 9lb .22lr and the reticle fell down in it. They fixed or sent me a new one but it was close to three months and the whole time they denied that they ever received it till the day it came home. Not sure how the recoil on a gun that heavy and anaemic of cartridge destroys a scope, but ive never bought another. Im a leupold or vortex guy mostly, but i had a friend who put a bsa sweet 17 i think on his little 17 and he loved it. The reticle was already set for certain distances for one brand of ammo. Never owned a bsa, but they definitely are pretty low on the food chain.
    Keep us posted on what u get.

17hmr....dinged my old Bushnell I had on it..primary close to town rifle as it can be suppressed, small chance of ricochet, old bushy was fogged up this morn...I do ADC work for our canal company...

If you have a sporting goods store close to you where you can purchase in person "easy return policy" I would buy a Barska brand scope. They are available in many styles for under $100 and in my experience they are built like a tank. You may have a hard time getting it zeroed at first but that is because Barska uses VERY heavy retention springs on the adjustment turrets. The good news is once they are zeroed they don't budge! If you do get a lemon just exchange it where you bought it for another.

I have had a Barska 4-12 with an illuminated reticle on my .50 muzzleloader for around ten years now and it has held a perfect zero through some heavy abuse. I also have one on a Mossberg ATR 30/06 that has held up for about 8 years now and that gun has hundreds of rounds through it. Very good value for the money. If your budget is a little larger there are plenty of used Nikon riflescopes on Ebay that are very competitively priced.

Tom
    Toecutter, Ken, mhomadness and 1 others like this.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Good advice Tom, that reminds me that Natchez shooting supply sells refurbed Nikons at really good prices. 90 day warranty only but i never had a problem.
    Ken, Dryden-Tdub and mhomadness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    If you have a sporting goods store close to you where you can purchase in person "easy return policy" I would buy a Barska brand scope. They are available in many styles for under $100 and in my experience they are built like a tank. You may have a hard time getting it zeroed at first but that is because Barska uses VERY heavy retention springs on the adjustment turrets. The good news is once they are zeroed they don't budge! If you do get a lemon just exchange it where you bought it for another.

I have had a Barska 4-12 with an illuminated reticle on my .50 muzzleloader for around ten years now and it has held a perfect zero through some heavy abuse. I also have one on a Mossberg ATR 30/06 that has held up for about 8 years now and that gun has hundreds of rounds through it. Very good value for the money. If your budget is a little larger there are plenty of used Nikon riflescopes on Ebay that are very competitively priced.

Tom
    Own one now...

Ken, Dryden-Tdub and mhomadness like this.

No use getting a big power scope. I have the 2-7x33mm on my 17 hmr. You are only going to shoot like a 22 mag so there is no sense overpowering your rifle. I use the Redfield revenge scopes.
    Last edited by lugnut; 07-27-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    No use getting a big power scope. I have the 2-7x33mm on my 17 hmr. You are only going to shoot like a 22 lr so there is no sense overpowering your rifle. I use the Redfield revenge scopes.
    Shot a 17hmr for over 10 years...my job entails some precise shots...It wears a suppressor most days...ADC guy for a public ententy...Work doesn't buy my firearms, but they do buy my ammo...Thought I might to be able to help another tw guy and myself by saving some money both ways...Thanks for your input...

mhomadness likes this.

Shot a 17hmr for over 10 years...my job entails some precise shots...It wears a suppressor most days...ADC guy for a public ententy...Work doesn't buy my firearms, but they do buy my ammo...Thought I might to be able to help another tw guy and myself by saving some money both ways...Thanks for your input...

You never said what you actually thought of your Barska?

Tom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links