Just resigned from my job
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hard decision but I'm happy. I've got a new job but frankly I'm a bit sick of work as well!

Join the club i am president!

work sucks bro!

They say do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life. I love being off work, think thats a career?
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

something i hate more then work is no $$$

One thing I had to learn the hard way was never turn your hobby into a business. Pretty soon it's just work!!

Congrats My last day was April 13th!

Doing some part time contracting work now to keep the bills paid, but it sure is nice to not work a "9-5" that requires you to read your email at night before going to bed and in the morning before going to work, get calls on the weekend, have to stay late, blahblah blah
    ITCB

Quote Originally Posted by operose View Post
    Congrats My last day was April 13th!

Doing some part time contracting work now to keep the bills paid, but it sure is nice to not work a "9-5" that requires you to read your email at night before going to bed and in the morning before going to work, get calls on the weekend, have to stay late, blahblah blah

I love my job! lifeskillssandiego.com

Ronnydog

This is certainly a topic that applies to our current economy. I suspect we move on for many reasons; perhaps you are not fulfilled, feeling appreciated, or you are so frustrated with your environment as to (maybe) do something very inappropriate. For me it was the latter.

I worked for the same company for 21 years. With my paycheck I was able to purchase a very modest house and a number of modestly priced toys. I know it is something of a catch-22, but one reason that I was able to do what I did on my $16.35 an hour was, I did/do not have any 'Family' obligations. Seems, like my TW adventures, I have generally done 'life' solo.

When these situations arise, one needs to do what one needs to do. For most of us, our jobs represent a significant part of our sense of being. Silly I know, but when you spend almost 1/3 of your life doing a certain thing, with a certain group of people, it seems to become a part of who you think you are.

I made a move from frustration to 'nothing'; I stay VERY busy dealing with getting the house tip-top, but my income and social 'network' has changed significantly. Should I have stayed and had been 'forced' to deal with the chronic complaining and negativity, I fear I may have hurt someone.....

In my opinion, the above posts make reference to what could be a 'life changing event', I suggest you proceed with 'eyes wide open' and some degree of caution/planning.

Ronnydog, I like what it seems you are doing, good for you. Given that I have had an opportunity (one that you need to make for yourself) to do some counseling, I have found little as insightful as having a chance to talk with a trained communicator. Knowing that someone has REALLY HEARD what you are saying affords you the opportunity to quickly move beyond the point that has left you feeling frustrated.

In a nutshell; if you can't get your 'bike' running correctly, go to a good 'mechanic'. Take care; Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Best to you, I hope the new job becomes a great job or leads to a great job.

Well I am not sure that I will or will not be happy, then who is? Two more days and I will be unemployed.

I have had good jobs and I have had bad jobs.

In two more days I will retire from my job as a Teacher. It has been a good job, it has been a bad job, but I have truly enjoyed the time that I have had as a Teacher.

If I were to be a smart man I would have been applying for another job six months ago. I have let City Woman know it is not that I do not intend to work again but I do plan on taking a year off at least before I even think of working again.

I know that taking a year off can be the end of working again, I am lucky for as I tell City Woman we are truly lucky, if I do decide to work again it will not be for the need of money.

I do hope that each and everyone will be able to retire one day too.

On a side note I just had the Inder Motorcycle Trailer I have ordered delivered last week – I plan on making a hitch for the TW to pull the toy around, will come in handy to bring some comforts when I do overnight camping trips and such.

Thanks for the comments. My colleagues were shocked but I have another gig starting 2nd July and I will get away from a stupid (sorry) American boss (in Asia who knows nothing about Asia). I'm in the oil and gas industry - it's busy at the moment so no problem moving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links