One busy mom..
Close

Thread: One busy mom..

Wa-a-a-y OT, but Purple and I did our annual "Raging Rubber Duck Race" for charity this weekend. We're in charge of "Duck Security" (so we don't run afoul of gaming commisiion rules. sad). For the first time in 15 years of doing it some "actual" ducks joined the race. You shoulda seen this mama mallard trying to get 9,000 unruly ducks in a row.

The event is pretty visually interesting, and the news guy did a great job this year. Have a look if yer into it. You can spot me running around like that mama duck in some of the pics if you look carefully.

http://photos.sgvtribune.com/2012/06...-duck-race/#10

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

VERY COOL!

I got chased by a mother goose on the TW the other day, but it was a different scenario and not for charity
    ITCB

It's like looking for Elmo, but I think I did spot you in a white T shirt in picture #11. Wow, that's a lot of rubber duckies! The shot with the mallards is cool, did they just fly in and mingle? Good on you and Purple for helping with what appears to be a very worthwhile charity.

Even more off topic, when I was a kid we had some ducks we won at the county fair. One day a Mallard drake shows up with them. After it was evident he was going to hang around we checked and found he was short a foot. Don't know how he lost it, but imagine it was pretty hard maintaining direction in the water. Anyway, it looked a little painful to be walking around on the stub, so we convinced GI Joe to give up his boot and the Mallard wore it for the rest of his life. It was quite a sight to see him walking around with that little boot on.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience, and yes the news guy did do a good job with the photos.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Even more off topic, when I was a kid we had some ducks we won at the county fair. One day a Mallard drake shows up with them. After it was evident he was going to hang around we checked and found he was short a foot. Don't know how he lost it, but imagine it was pretty hard maintaining direction in the water. Anyway, it looked a little painful to be walking around on the stub, so we convinced GI Joe to give up his boot and the Mallard wore it for the rest of his life. It was quite a sight to see him walking around with that little boot on.

That's quite a story. A duck with a busted rudder wouldn't have lasted long without you.

The mallards are probably semi-permanent residents of the lake near the water park. It takes about 15-20 minutes for the rubber ducks to do a lap of the park before crossing the finish line. The hen was a little frantic at first, then resigned herself to drifting with the flock for the rest of the race.

Back when the event first started we only sold a couple thousand ducks. It grew each year and hit a peak of 12,000 before the economy tanked but we're slowly creeping back up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

B-dub, that is great! I am a sucker for injured animals, or any animals for that matter. I'm glad you were able to help the little fella.

LB, we have a similar charity where we buy rubber ducks and have a race down the river. Whoever's duck crosses the finish line first, gets a prize. Fun and for a good cause.

Love this group of guys!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Sponosred Links