What the Doc Said
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: What the Doc Said

What the Doc Said

So for those who have seen me limp, heard the occasional "bone-on-bone-moan” or wonder why Fred fell down when he tried to dab with his right foot these last 9 months I finally have an explaination. Surgeon reviewing my hip’s MRI went into great detail using medico-terminology but to me it sounded like he was saying I have buggered up swing arm assembly.xray.jpg
    Something about how my factory bushings are disintegrating with accumulating corrosion that will require an All-Balls replacement soon. images-3.jpeg
    Good news was he lubed my pivot with some sort of steroid grease so I can keep riding until the snow flies. Didn’t know my hip had a zerk fitting.
    Think I’ll have to celebrate the reduced pain by another good ride or two.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Love the motorcycle analogy, zerk fitting, too funny. Hopefully, the "All-Balls" replacement will be restricted to just the hip and not "all balls"

Sounds like the replacement is a few months away. Till then, enjoy the rest of summer and early fall.
    littletommy, Fred, evan and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Welcome to old age Fred... Hang in there, it get's worse...

Seriously, hope they can fix you right up brother!!
    admiral, Fred, Howsbentley and 3 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Steroid injection really seems to the suppress the inflammatory response and subsequent pain from the rubbing of damaged parts on each other. Side effect is reduced immune response and increased chance of infection so I still need to be careful.
    Adam and I shall try to explore some new single track I found a month ago that I was apprehensive to try by myself in a weakened condition. Time to re-build some atrophied core strength.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I hope the hip lube works better than my knee lube did. I went with the syn lube. Should have stayed with the chicken grease.
    Joemama
    littletommy, admiral, Ken and 2 others like this.

Joe, I think you’re supposed to rub it in longer.200_s.gif
    littletommy, Ken and mhomadness like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I need a hip replacement also, but because of my weight they won't do it at this point... Recovery is supposed to take quite awhile. As much as you love to ride, you better have it done in the Fall so you can recover and hopefully be back riding in the spring...
    Fred, Ken and mhomadness like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Senior Member mountain redbelly's Avatar
    Keep up the good riding Fred that will help you maintain some of your core strength. When you get older living with some sort of pain is inevitable. It's just the way life goes. A life well lived (and a body) has a history.
    Fred, littletommy, Mel and 3 others like this.
    "meet me in the creek"

“We are the sum of our scars”
    I highly recommend the newer anterior approach to hip replacement surgery. Without nearly as much muscle cutting as in the historical posterior approach the patient’s recovery is only about a month long as they deal primarily with the soft tissue trauma resulting from the surgical team temporarily displacing muscle as they create access from the front. A good match between femur and implant shaft can help reduce the bone ache after they pound that puppy into place. Go with an experienced surgeon.
    littletommy, Mel, Ken and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Wow, that's a whole lot better then the 6 months to a year I've heard. Unfortunately the VA hospital is usually doctors in training... (and they've screwed up surgery on me before)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    “We are the sum of our scars”
    I highly recommend the newer anterior approach to hip replacement surgery. Without nearly as much muscle cutting as in the historical posterior approach the patient’s recovery is only about a month long as they deal primarily with the soft tissue trauma resulting from the surgical team temporarily displacing muscle as they create access from the front. A good match between femur and implant shaft can help reduce the bone ache after they pound that puppy into place. Go with an experienced surgeon.
    Ken likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links