Homeowner facing weapons charges...didn't own a gun.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Homeowner facing weapons charges...didn't own a gun.

Homeowner facing weapons charges...didn't own a gun.

Boggles the mind....I'm disgusted. This is actual news from a large Canadian newspaper, not just some website spinning the truth to get traffic. I did a quick search on his name and the story is pretty much everywhere. Makes me sick.
    The quick and dirty story: 3 people break into a man's home, he defends himself and manages to wrestle a gun from one of the men. Shots fired, guy hits one of them in the leg. They flee, homeowner call the police and is now facing no less than 10 weapons related charges....I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

A man is charged with attempted murder and a raft of firearms offences after helping fend off home invaders, one of whom he’s now charged with shooting.

Kyle Earl Munroe was arrested on July 12 after RCMP and Halifax Regional Police responded to a report of a home invasion involving firearms at a home in Porters Lake.

Police said that three men entered the residence with guns and a struggle took place with two men inside.

The two in the home seized a firearm from one of the suspects and several shots were fired as the suspects fled. Police later located one of the suspects, who had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.

Munroe faces charges of attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.

“Right now they’re just pending charges,” said spokeswoman Chris Hansen at the Public Prosecution Service.

Munroe is banned from any contact with two named individuals, must attend court as ordered, keep the peace and be of good behaviour, not leave his residence except for essential activities such as work or medical appointments, remain in Nova Scotia, not consume drugs or alcohol, not possess a cellphone or pager, have no weapons, and answer the door to police when they check at his home.

Munroe is due back in Dartmouth Provincial Court on Aug. 22 for election and plea.
    Peterb, Ken, Gulfrider and 2 others like this.

the media here is the problem.
    Ken likes this.

The fact that he can't poses a cellphone or pager and there was a possession (drugs) charge in there makes me assume that the guys in the house likely weren't in the middle of evening prayers when the others broke in, but....the point is still the same. Didn't own a gun, disarmed an armed intruder, facing 10 charges.
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Given those same facts, it would result in zero charges here in MI. If you were in the city of Detroit, the chief of police would likely get on TV and tell criminals that the person that shot the criminals is a hero.
    Last edited by Mattwings; 08-18-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Peterb, Ken, WECSOG and 2 others like this.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

By the way, I live in Wayne County (same as Detroit) the picture in my profile is 2 miles from my house. I shot the deer with. .50 cal muzzlelaoder and had a 9mm pistol in my pocket when that pic was taken. All 100% legal. Amazingly, in my town, there is almost no crime, yet guns everywhere. Hmmmmm.....
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Do we have that head banging emoji? If not we need it!!
    Ken, admiral and Zoeller like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Do we have that head banging emoji? If not we need it!!

Yep.
    Ken, Mel and Zoeller like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Liberal Logic !

What happened to the "home invaders"?

Probably nothing.
    Ken likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Liberal Logic !

What happened to the "home invaders"?

Probably nothing.
    Well they were the "victims" according to libtard logic.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Could possibly be cos they were shot at when already running out of there - hard to plead "self-defense" in such circumstances - (best to shoot the feckers as they climb in through the window over here, but if you have their gun by then, then you are regarded as having more "options" - like sticking it up their nose and suggesting they "go away", rather than putting a cap in their arse)

As to the LEO's throwing the book at them, I'd suggest that there's a lot more to that particular story than we're being told ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links