Idiot provokes moose so that he can kill it with his Glock...so it would seem.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Idiot provokes moose so that he can kill it with his Glock...so it would seem.

Angry Idiot provokes moose so that he can kill it with his Glock...so it would seem.

I don't have objective proof that this is actually what happened, but it sure looks like either it was intentional because he wanted to feel like a macho man and get some YouTube fame, or he is an utterly incompetent moron. Either way, this video really pisses me off. Who the hell would be out in a wilderness area like that and NOT have a basic understanding of animal behavior (never mind a moose, just any wild animal). If you move toward a territorial animal, it will defend that territory -- DUH! If this guy didn't know that, then he had no business being in that situation in the first place; if he did know that, then the whole thing was intentional. All he had to do was keep whooping and yell a little, and wait a few minutes. Also, he should have had his gun drawn and ready the whole time, not after it was charging like that. Don't get me wrong, I certainly understand that a moose is a very dangerous animal, and if it started charging toward me, I would definitely shoot if I were armed. There was just no legitimate reason to close up the safety gap and threaten the animal like that (this obviously wasn't a moose hunt, either...). To make matters even worse, after seemingly spooking the animal and perhaps getting it to run off, he moves forward more and (apparently) intentionally re-engages, essentially forcing the animal to choose the fight option (or so it seems to me... I am NOT an expert...). I surely hope that this jumpy, wannabe alpha-male, trigger happy dumb ass isn't a cop -- that would be terrifying!

Last edited by kj7687; 09-13-2017 at 02:28 AM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

I don't think he handled that well either...
    Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    I don't have objective proof that this is actually what happened, but it sure looks like either it was intentional because he wanted to feel like a macho man and get some YouTube fame, or he is an utterly incompetent moron. Either way, this video really pisses me off. Who the hell would be out in a wilderness area like that and NOT have a basic understanding of animal behavior (never mind a moose, just any wild animal). If you move toward a territorial animal, it will defend that territory -- DUH! If this guy didn't know that, then he had no business being in that situation in the first place; if he did know that, then the whole thing was intentional. All he had to do was keep whooping and yell a little, and wait a few minutes. Also, he should have had his gun drawn and ready the whole time, not after it was charging like that. Don't get me wrong, I certainly understand that a moose is a very dangerous animal, and if it started charging toward me, I would definitely shoot if I were armed. There was just no legitimate reason to close up the safety gap and threaten the animal like that (this obviously wasn't a moose hunt, either...). To make matters even worse, after seemingly spooking the animal and perhaps getting it to run off, he moves forward more and (apparently) intentionally re-engages, essentially forcing the animal to choose the fight option (or so it seems to me... I am NOT an expert...). I surely hope that this jumpy, wannabe alpha-male, trigger happy dumb ass isn't a cop -- that would be terrifying!

jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

See it better in Tommy's post. Looks like he wanted it out of the track and the moose didn't want to get out of it due to deep powder. What a ass didn't want to go around then to top it off he shoots it and leaves it looks like.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I didn't watch it after reading the two posts of comments. Too stupid to give it a "hit". Only encourages more idiots with a GoPro and weapon to use them the wrong way.
    This is exactly the behavior that piss's off folks who don't shoot or hunt. And should for folks who do as well. Nuff said.

In legal terms I would say the Moose had the right of way and the guy is a complete jerk.

I have watched in person while up in Northern Maine driving past a roadside clear cut where Moose were grazing. Most folks stop to watch but Idiots stop to see these big and ugly animals and get out of their cars with cameras so they can get close up pictures. We watched one guy with 2 young children pull such a stunt and get within 30 feet of the big bull. Just then along comes a game warden who orders the guy away and writes him a very expensive ticket for disturbing the wildlife and endangering the children.

I have also watched other idiots up in Inlet, NY at the garbage dump one evening do the same thing while very big black bears were feeding. There were 5 bears on the garbage pile and some jerk gets within 30 feet of the biggest one with his video camera filming. The bear got pissed and charged him and the dope fell on his ass trying to run. Good thing the charge was just a warning and the bear went back to feeding. This was a nightly attraction and everyone who saw what happened could not believe the stupidity of this guy. The following summer we again went to see the bears at the dump and they had built a fence to keep the idiots away from the bears.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Looks like he was trying to first shoo it off the snow mobile trail.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Looks like he was trying to first shoo it off the snow mobile trail.
    Yup and the pedestrian always has the right of way! I will bet if it was an Elephant with his little Glock pea shooter he would never have gotten any closer than the very first frame.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The Moose was walking with a limp to begin with – totally unnecessary kill in my opinion – should have waited for it to get out of the way from the beginning of the video – further comments I will refrain from, they ‘aint gonna be pretty …..

On the subject of “putting yourself in danger” – well, funnily enough, (and on a lighter note), I used to get to run “Close Protection trainees” through their paces, often in Richmond Park (UK)

Richmond Park has a healthy population of deer, some of them “quite large” – and as you would expect, quite “touchy” at certain times of the year – and not in a good way. Closer than 20 feet and those buggers would charge.

So – I would tell the Close Protection guys to get as many close ups of the Deer as they can while they were doing the exercise. Sometimes it worked, at other times (of the year) the results were hysterical – ever seen an Iphone picture of a full sized male going for a full on head butt ?

They would then say “Are you trying to get us killed?” – to which I would reply “No, you’re trying to get yourself killed, that’s the point, you should have known better” – Close Protection requires a certain amount of “awareness” …..

Yes, I was being a bastard – but it proved the point – always do your research first, and be prepared

The guy in the video (just like my people) should have known better …….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Callouse stupidity, then leaves the downed animal to die on the ground.
    littletommy, GaryL, SanDue and 1 others like this.
    Phelonius

I must admit that I am surprised by some of the comments on here. I watched this video this morning and have reflected on it all day before posting so I could give it a lot of careful thought first.

1. I knew moose could be aggressive but NEVER knew that you should remain quiet and just hope they move away from you. This runs counter to everything I have ever learned about how to react to a threatening animal.
    Once that moose made the first bluff the rules changed in my mind.
    2. The ONLY thing I would have done differently is to sit back and enjoy watching the moose from a distance and not tried to get ANY closer. If that moose walked all the way to me from 100 yards out I would have done every single thing the guy in the video did. Nuff said.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links