finally riding again
Close

finally after almost 7 months of wrist surgery and physical therepy i can ride again. sorry guys but i had to part ways with the tdub. just not enough bike for me. its a great bike but i felt that the 2012 suzuki dr-z400s would be better for me. its a tad tall for me but im getting used to it. but i love all the darn low end tourqe! heres some pics.

Those sure are nice bikes. Zombiestomper let me ride his before he sold it to buy another TW. Lots of power.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Nice! Too bad you couldn't have both the TW and DRZ. Glad you're all healed up again.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Haha man I think I can relate to this! Don't tell me that cantankerous little TW tossed you off and shattered your wrist, too, lol? I was there, man. Glad you've also healed up and gotten back to riding! Don't ever give up on your most joyous hobby! By the way very nice DRZ you've got yourself there. I'm jealous (my friend has an 01 that I've ridden and enjoyed quite a bit)! I've been looking between that, the DR650, KLX250S (possibly with some power mods), and CRF250L (also probable power mods) as my next bike. Unfortunately it's kind of moot since I can't even dream of affording any of them for a while. What I really want is for Suzuki to replace the DRZ (although I do like that bike a lot) with a fuel injected, six speed 350, putting out about the same power - 2 or 3 hp less would be ok with me, weighing somewhere between the same and about 40 pounds less, costing about the same, and with a 1 or 2 inch lower seat height. That is absolutely my dream bike. Actually my dream bike pretty much does exist right now (except the seat height is about 1.5" higher than I'd love and it's not fuel injected- but that's just nitpicking really), in the form of the Beta 350RS. The only real problems with that bike are the unproven - not necessarily low - reliability and the ~$10k price tag. I think Honda would have been wiser to make a CRF350L with about 8 more hp, instead of the 250. That would have been REALLY close to what I REALLY want. Anywyay now I'm just droning on lol...
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    Haha man I think I can relate to this! Don't tell me that cantankerous little TW tossed you off and shattered your wrist, too, lol? I was there, man. Glad you've also healed up and gotten back to riding! Don't ever give up on your most joyous hobby! By the way very nice DRZ you've got yourself there. I'm jealous (my friend has an 01 that I've ridden and enjoyed quite a bit)! I've been looking between that, the DR650, KLX250S (possibly with some power mods), and CRF250L (also probable power mods) as my next bike. Unfortunately it's kind of moot since I can't even dream of affording any of them for a while. What I really want is for Suzuki to replace the DRZ (although I do like that bike a lot) with a fuel injected, six speed 350, putting out about the same power - 2 or 3 hp less would be ok with me, weighing somewhere between the same and about 40 pounds less, costing about the same, and with a 1 or 2 inch lower seat height. That is absolutely my dream bike. Actually my dream bike pretty much does exist right now (except the seat height is about 1.5" higher than I'd love and it's not fuel injected- but that's just nitpicking really), in the form of the Beta 350RS. The only real problems with that bike are the unproven - not necessarily low - reliability and the ~$10k price tag. I think Honda would have been wiser to make a CRF350L with about 8 more hp, instead of the 250. That would have been REALLY close to what I REALLY want. Anywyay now I'm just droning on lol...

i looked at the dr650 as well. i went with the dr-z400s cause the only real big difference is the weight. i did not think that the 650 had enough power and torque over the 400 to too be able to compansate for the huge weight difference. it just depends on if you want a smaller sized bike with more quality or a larger more base line bike. price wise there about the same.

Sponosred Links