Anyone up for El Mirage 7/15?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Going out to ogle the fast stuff on the dry lake, but tons of good local riding.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Dang, thanks for the torment ! I would love to bring the TW's down there and explore.

And I have a heavy old air-cooled pushrod motor powered scoot I would love to take down the strip . . .

Sigh, maybe next year.

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Come on down.

We could enter a TW. I think it would be competitive in the Non-powered Yardtool Class. If they had a Non-powered Yardtool Class .

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I might be up for it but I've been sick on and off for the past 5 weeks and my good old DR200 needs some rear suspension work - which I haven't had time or money to get to in a while.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Just down the road, but I'm shooting black powder that day.

Good. Since you won't be using your bike that day do you mind if we kinda strip it down and ride it "gently" for about 1.3 miles?

We promise to return all the useable parts on Monday.

Seriously, every year these meets catch me by surprise even though I'm local. Every year we go I buy a rulebook and every year I kick myself for not slapping a TW together and at least making a few rookie license runs. This is the only form of racing I've ever been around in which the racers will actually tell you how you can beat their own records just to get you out there. Best gearhead atmosphere I've ever encountered.

Ain't cheap, though most of the expenses are one-time-only. Still, it's got the cost of campaigning a Baja bike for a day beat by about $10K.

Let's see....Purple weighs 110 lbs... the rear wheel would have to go byebye and Modified allows 5.2 inches of extra swingarm length...Jimby went 74.318MPH in NZ....

Quick! Pass the hat. There's an August meet, and if we don't feed the dog for a few months we could buy a used set of legal leathers....

https://tw200forum.com/forums/65232/ShowPost.aspx

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sure, just don't change the paint scheme.

Only 74.318? I'm sure she could do better!

Got any old DT tanks laying around?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

No DT tanks but I could hunt up some small propane cylinders.... is homemade JATO allowed?

And here I mistook you for a sensible dood. Glad to see that you're completely insane. I like that in a person.

JATO! JATO! JATO!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links