help with a carb disassembly?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Been a long time since I've been around but a recent purchase has me seeking some direction. I just bought my 10 year old son his first motorcycle! A 2001 XR80R and him and I are gonna be dirt riders soon! It is well used and has been sitting for a long time now, I popped the bowl off the carb to have a look and it certainly needs some tlc. I'm sure I can take it off and apart but I was hoping maybe someone could point me to an exploded view or detailed disassembly of the Keihin pc20J carb I've begun to dig into. One funky little hangy doo hicky that was between the float came off on me before I got a chance to see how and where it is located. I also just need some confidence in my corner to ease my mind about taking this Keihin apart.

For a schematic just go to Rockymountainatv's or Stadium Yamaha's online parts catalog. If the link works here is the schematic you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be that complicated, but I've found taking pictures during disassembly with a digital camera is sometimes useful when going back together. Good luck, and good riding with your son!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    For a schematic just go to Rockymountainatv's or Stadium Yamaha's online parts catalog. If the link works here is the schematic you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be that complicated, but I've found taking pictures during disassembly with a digital camera is sometimes useful when going back together. Good luck, and good riding with your son!

I'm stumped as to how you found a schematic for that carb on there, your link took me to the site but 5 minutes of effort turned up no schematic for me. I don"t know if I am searching with the wrong keywords or what. I must be terrible at this or something. I can come up with jets, rebuild kits etc etc. for the Keihin but no schematic. Is there any way I could get the link from the address bar from you? Stadium Yamaha doesn't even turn up an xr 80r model when I search. This is crazy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Maybe you can find what you need at a Honda XR80 website instead of a Yamaha TW200 website? The Honda 80s are great little bikes and I'd be very surprised if there are no sites dedicated to them.

Perhaps this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Maybe you can find what you need at a Honda XR80 website instead of a Yamaha TW200 website? The Honda 80s are great little bikes and I'd be very surprised if there are no sites dedicated to them.

Perhaps this will help.

I came here for the help because I'm a member here and I've owned tw's since I was 15, so I'm not out of place. Also this is the "other bikes and off topic" gate so once again I don't think my post is out of place right? I knew that one or more of the knowledgeable members here would easily and gladly help me out. The diagram lizrdbrth linked is gonna work fine for me but thanks all who replied.

Ungrateful 7th graders. What would we do without them?

Posts like that and you're calling me the 7th grader? lol yourself.

Besides that, how is thanking everyone who replied ungrateful eh? I'm done here, go get smart with someone else bub. Nice care bear by the way.

You're fine, just let it roll off and forget about it.

I see people on other boards saying that this board has a few members who tend to run people off. I can see that being true.

Take yourself over to ADVrider for any tech qestions about any bike. There is very little BS over there and seldom any name calling.

We even have a large TW group over there. Nicest folks you'll ever meet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422523

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links