I think we all knew it was a true scam!!!
Close

Like Tree21Likes
  • 4 Post By goldenhtr
  • 3 Post By Tweaker
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By Xracer
  • 1 Post By Ken
  • 2 Post By Tweaker
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By Tweaker

Thread: I think we all knew it was a true scam!!!

I think we all knew it was a true scam!!!

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

It would be nice if the ethanol and the bureaucratic corn subsidy would disappear.In fact it would be nice if the high fructose corn syrup from GMO corn would disappear too. I think that is the main problem behind obesity and the epidemic of diabetes facing this country.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Corn is a grain that feeds humans and animals and is much better if left on our diner tables. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". This being proven truth we must access the reaction of directing the food from our diner table to our fuel tanks. Farmers who grow corn did fine with this mandate while those who grow animals such as beef, pork, chicken, lambs and milk cows have suffered from much higher corn/grain prices. That means just about everything we eat costs more to grow and of course more to buy for our diner tables. Simple math should be what guides this ethanol debate. E gas is no cheaper to produce and no cheaper to buy and no better as far as the BTU value from it. By diverting the corn to produce ethanol it has had an astonishing effect on our food prices in almost every way. The price of our fuel did not go down but the price of our food went through the roof and in the end ethanol has just as much environmental emission negatives as the pure gas we used to have without providing any true benefits. This Bio Fuel experiment has cost every one of us so much in so many ways the real cost could never be computed. Thank you Al Gore.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Long as someones making lots of money off it......It's all good!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Ken
    The oil companies actually hate the ethanol being forced on them. They have to formulate around it and they sell less gas. I heard the original 10% ethanol was for higher octane while getting rid of more toxic chemicals which were used to raise the octane. Someone high up has a corn farmer family member and had to find a way to supplement their income.

Here is a comprehensive article about ethanol in fuel. One main reason it was added as an oxygenator was to replace MTBE which is contaminating ground water. The rest of the article confirms what GaryL said not really any other benefits. While reducing carbon monoxide pollution it actually increases other forms of air pollution while reducing MPG.

High fructose corn syrup is another corn nightmare thrust upon people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel
    Last edited by Tweaker; 11-03-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Those slippery escape prone MTBE molecules have, and shalll continue, to contaminate groundwater giving our children a future of nice carcinogenic drinking supplies. It caused a lot more damage than just leaking around fuel fittings and setting so may cars on fire when first implemented. They are still digging up gas station tanks locally and sending tons of contaminated soils to superfund storage sites.
    Thank you California Air Resource Board (CAR for the social, health and environmental costs be damned draconian mandates to reduce NOX and particulates. In the big picture the world would likely be a cleaner, healthier, more affordable,safer place without any oxygenated fuels. Sure, more respiratory illnesses but less mutagenic cancers.
    Ken, Tweaker and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I agree Fred but we also must take into account the energy that goes into anything for the energy value we get from it. Think for a minute what it takes to go from a corn seed to the ground, grow, harvest, transport and then refine then transport again and again and finally use an electric pump to get it in your tank. Even after all of that we still get less octane and therefore less MPGs or BTU Values from the ethanol than if we just burn real gas.

Back in my younger years I used to have a nice wood stove in the house that easily heated the entire house all winter long. I burned between 5-7 full cords of wood each year. The work, time, effort and equipment I needed to gather all this free wood, transport it, split and stack it and then carry it again into the stove was monumental to say the least. Between Pick up trucks, chain saws, wood splitters and oh so many of my precious days off I finally gave up burning wood. Now I drive 30 miles over to the coal store in PA and buy 2 tons of coal for less than $400. It takes me less than one full day to get my heat source all set for a long cold winter and I use about a 5 gallon bucket of coal each full 24 hour day to keep my home toasty warm. My stove is about 1/3rd the size and burns way hotter than the wood stove ever did and produces more heat than I need with so much less work, expense and hassle. Some will say that coal is a dirty fuel but they don't honestly know the half of how dirty burning wood is when you have to burn 6-8 tons of the stuff every year. Here in the US they have all but outlawed electricity generation by coal but we sell it to other countries that still burn plenty of it. I suppose they forget we have just one world and what goes up in the air in China or Japan has to come back down somewhere. I call it redistribution of our wealth. We pay more for our supposed clean energy than they do while they pay way less and still stink up the atmosphere we all share. Where ever energy is concerned you can bet your ass there is a scam where some are getting rich while others are getting soaked.

GaryL
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

There is a bright side to all of this as we move to solar electricity and these new battery technologies. Interestly China has mandated for more electric vechicles. They are concerned about their runaway environmental problems and heath also.

Sponosred Links