Patriotism and Football
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Patriotism and Football

Patriotism and Football

Remember when going to a football game could be a patriotic act?

How did we get to where we are today? images-3.jpeg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

We lost any semblance of balance in academia. For the last 30 years our children have been taught via public education that the US is the root cause of the worlds troubles. The twenty somethings of today have no knowledge of the good that America has done across the globe. Because of this, patriotism is viewed as supportive of the evil our nation has done. We have let both our youth and our brave forefathers down.

Tom
    Last edited by Dryden-Tdub; 11-08-2017 at 06:59 AM.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Done with the NFL, not that i was a huge watcher, but im all set now. Think im even gonna skip the superbowl for the first time ever. Things have gone so far left i cant keep ignoring it. No one will notice or care but maybe if more people boycotted companies that perpetuated this crap, something would maybe change...maybe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Papa Johns Pizza noticed.
    Their sales are down and there was a whoopty doo in the news about the founder saying a decrease in viewers and fewer gatherings to watch the game are why.

Sounds about right since football watching has been going down every year for the last 4 years according to the rating companies.
    Lyterx and Leisure Time Larry like this.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

Kind of funny they want to protest the very system that made them rich.
    Leisure Time Larry likes this.

I have been a pro football fan for as long as I can remember. I decided that "taking a knee" to the NFL was the least I could do to lodge my protest against this anti-Americanism. I haven't watched a single nfl game this year, nor any program that has anything to do with pro football. I even make sure when my tv is not being used, it is not on a channel that is broadcasting a game. ..........and guess what???? I DO NOT MISS IT WHATSOEVER!!!!! DONE DEAL!!!

I really enjoy football but have not watched a pro game since this nonsense started last year. I would like to know of another "workplace" where you can protest and subject your fellow workers to your political beliefs and it be condoned. Much of the problem with pro football players is that the high schools and colleges gave them everything that they want to succeed in football. What they did not give them is the education that they needed to succeed in life. Poor decisions and poor grades were dealt with for them because their talent on the field benefited these institutions of "learning". Now large spoiled children who never contributed one iota of service to this country can insult, or at the very least make feel uncomfortable, the ones that do. Hopefully poor decisions will continue to equal poor ratings. Hopefully even the people who have continued to watch pro football can join the rest of us only for next weekend, Veterans Day weekend. ( I am not a veteran, but they will always have my deepest gratitude and support).

Most workplaces don’t play the national anthem before work🤡. A pity because I can’t protest my cause of the week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some must watch while others must sleep.
    2013 TW 200
    2014 NC700x
    2016 k1600gt
    2016 TW 200

With their notoriety and fame these players could easily arrange press conferences to deliver their message off the field.
    With their salaries and endorsements these players could easily contribute time and money to fund programs to address perceived injustices off the field.
    With their lucrative contracts these players could simply move and retire to another country they think is more just.
    With a little common sense these players could realize they are alienating and evaporating much of their fan base.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

At this rate the NFL may well join a long list of failed leagues, shattered dreams and lost fortunes:

Toecutter likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links