• 3 Post By Beeline
  • 3 Post By jb882
  • 5 Post By Purple
  • 2 Post By ejfranz
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By Xracer

Thread: The Exhaust Note Thread

The Exhaust Note Thread

Turn up the sound if you’re watching this at work.
    jtstdub, Beeline, AGman and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Ever get tired of modern racers bouncing off rev limiters and endless waste gates popping open? Here is to the natural aspirated roar of good old fashioned internal combustion!
    What do you like to hear?
    AGman, Tweaker, jtstdub and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Something a bit different. Vintage GP motorcycle sound clips: http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/galleries/sounds.php

and video clips: http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/galleries/videos.php
    Xracer, Cascade Rider and ejfranz like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

How about this one. Its the new V4 Ducati 1299 Superleggera that will be in production for the 2018 model year replacing the 1299 Panigale.

Yes you and i can buy one...

http://superleggera.ducati.com/en
    Last edited by jb882; 11-16-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    ejfranz, Beeline and Fred like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

In the EU, as of a few years ago, manufactures have abandoned the idea of “naturally aspirated” engines, in favour of (often smaller) turbo charged diesel engines, which provide more torque as lesser revs

At the same time, more cities are banning diesel cars from their centres, on the grounds of “clean air” — and this has in turn led to the proliferation of “hybrids”, which can use electric only for the shorter internal city journeys

Of course, once out in the countryside, they can then rev the tits of them in order to clean the particulate filters — but there are fewer people to complain out here, so less votes to loose

I lived in London for half my life, saw the taxis and buses belch this stuff — black dust in the puddles — the tourists wearing face masks ….

To replace these “belchers”, we are now seeing a generation of “clean cars” — cars that ruin the Chinese environment by the production of the batteries, wrought from coal burning power and low wages — but as long as it’s not in our part of our world, who cares

Until the next hurricane hits Miami …..

Meanwhile, Trump pulls out of the “Climate Accord” — which is a load of bollocks anyway, at least for the foreseeable future — as economics dictate the rules, not “global warming”. Unless we all play by the same rules, there’s no point after all — and though China seems to have a long term plan, (cleaner electric generation), neither the USA or China seem willing to give up the “immediate” gains of their economic future just yet

America is though perhaps the last bastion of naturally aspirated large engines - the EU nations preferring to take advantage of the Chinese, who are in turn poised to mass produce electric cars in the future — they already produce most of the components after all

In the next fifty years, the world of cars will change almost beyond recognition. Here in the EU we’ll be almost exclusively electric, while in the States (dragging behind as usual) will be mostly hybrids. In a hundred years, our great great grandchildren will marvel at the exploits of a human actually being at the controls of a petrol driven “beast”, wondering how we stayed alive

It’s almost comparable with “chariot racing” watching some of these vids — and perhaps in the distant future we’ll come up with another way of doing exactly the same thing — mankind has a way of “taking it to the edge”

Meanwhile — enjoy what you have — your grand-children probably wouldn’t understand it

For me, the choice was easy - it’s the last naturally aspirated V6 that Mercedes ever made, or ever will (2009) ……

mercedes-benz-e-class-3-5-e350-blueefficiency-se-7g-tronic-2dr-181882589-5.jpg

/rant
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I liked the classic growl of the corvette in the Virginia city hill climb you posted Fred.
    Last Video
    Beeline and Purple like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I agree Tweaker, that LS9’s 6.2 liter visceral growl was what made me start this thread!
    Sure, it is supercharged but it just sounds awesome to me.
    Purple likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I'm lucky. I work very close to the Sebring racetrack. Hearing engines screaming their guts out makes my day.
    Purple, ejfranz and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    In the EU, as of a few years ago, manufactures have abandoned the idea of “naturally aspirated” engines, in favour of (often smaller) turbo charged diesel engines, which provide more torque as lesser revs

At the same time, more cities are banning diesel cars from their centres, on the grounds of “clean air” — and this has in turn led to the proliferation of “hybrids”, which can use electric only for the shorter internal city journeys

Of course, once out in the countryside, they can then rev the tits of them in order to clean the particulate filters — but there are fewer people to complain out here, so less votes to loose

I lived in London for half my life, saw the taxis and buses belch this stuff — black dust in the puddles — the tourists wearing face masks ….

To replace these “belchers”, we are now seeing a generation of “clean cars” — cars that ruin the Chinese environment by the production of the batteries, wrought from coal burning power and low wages — but as long as it’s not in our part of our world, who cares

Until the next hurricane hits Miami …..

Meanwhile, Trump pulls out of the “Climate Accord” — which is a load of bollocks anyway, at least for the foreseeable future — as economics dictate the rules, not “global warming”. Unless we all play by the same rules, there’s no point after all — and though China seems to have a long term plan, (cleaner electric generation), neither the USA or China seem willing to give up the “immediate” gains of their economic future just yet

America is though perhaps the last bastion of naturally aspirated large engines - the EU nations preferring to take advantage of the Chinese, who are in turn poised to mass produce electric cars in the future — they already produce most of the components after all

In the next fifty years, the world of cars will change almost beyond recognition. Here in the EU we’ll be almost exclusively electric, while in the States (dragging behind as usual) will be mostly hybrids. In a hundred years, our great great grandchildren will marvel at the exploits of a human actually being at the controls of a petrol driven “beast”, wondering how we stayed alive

It’s almost comparable with “chariot racing” watching some of these vids — and perhaps in the distant future we’ll come up with another way of doing exactly the same thing — mankind has a way of “taking it to the edge”

Meanwhile — enjoy what you have — your grand-children probably wouldn’t understand it

For me, the choice was easy - it’s the last naturally aspirated V6 that Mercedes ever made, or ever will (2009) ……

mercedes-benz-e-class-3-5-e350-blueefficiency-se-7g-tronic-2dr-181882589-5.jpg

/rant
    Did Rush predict the future?
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links