pinned items
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pinned items

Love the site, and all the great info, and have found the pinned stuff useful. but... I keep coming back time and time again and continue to need to scroll past all the pinned items to read the new stuff below. was wondering if maybe a top level directory called IMPORTANT STUFF or something like that could all the pinned stuff could be put there.

I agree. A "stickies" folder would be nice with a title to draw newbies' attentions, "Sticky folder: frequently asked questions/mods/procedures". It could even be broken down with sub-folders for the engine, carb, electrical, drivetrain, common mods, part numbers, misc, etc.

It wasn't bad when we had 3 stickies, but now that they are adding up (which is a good thing) it'd be nice to see them all in one place. Plus, it'd help clean up the other folders so one doesn't have to scroll down past them each time.
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I like the idea. Has anyone PM'd Vuldub or another moderator? I'm on board.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Totally agree with this and have thought about it every time I visit this site, every couple of hours that is.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I have been thinking the same thing for a while now. I think it would really help clean up the Forum and make it easier to point people to the info they come looking for. I also think there needs to be a standing rule which can not be violated....No More Oil Threads LOL

If the mods need help with something like this I have the time to help.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

I don't know the inner-workings of the IP Board software as well as I do V-Bulletin, but over at MOA we added a separate forum segment. It's called Links and References It's sort of based on a very nice thread organization that Wildman did over at ADV in the Parallel Universe section. If something did come of this, I'd like to suggest the first post in the new segment to be "How to search this site like you owned it". I can't remember who did it but it's a good one. OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

It is good to hear folks like the forum. As well, improvements can certainly make the forum even better. I don't really know the in's and out's of how a forum works, but I suspect it requires a certain amount of cash, likely ongoing. Think it is safe to say, keeping a good forum going also requires a fair amount of time. I doubt our moderators get any money, but then I might be wrong. It is good to hear someone volunteer to do a bit of 'tweaking' to the system but I suspect given what Charles has into this project, it would be hard to place such responsibility into the hands of a stranger, just my thought.

What might be a reasonable inducement is to have someone pledge some money to the project. Once one persons say's 'I really value this forum and am willing to donate $ XXX to make it better', this may inspire others to do the same. When Tracy, Wes or Charles see how serious folks are perhaps the above changes will come about. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by Retrofit View Post
    ...to need to scroll past all the pinned items to read the new stuff below...
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    ...over at MOA we added a separate forum segment. It's called Links and References...
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    ...What might be a reasonable inducement is to have someone pledge some money to the project...
    In my experience on other forums, making a new category is just a matter of getting the admin to do it. Where the money comes in is hosting, software and support. In other forums supporting members donate yearly and get a banner. I would not be opposed to donating, but I always though the banners a bit ostentatious.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

I have said this a number of times before. Really, I do not want to seem like a jerk. I am here for the same reasons as many of you. If you have been hear awhile, my hope is that you realize, I have put money and time where my 'mouth' seems to have placed me. This forum does not use banners and it seems Charles is opposed to 'charging for admission'.

Gentlemen, if you value what you are getting (for free) step up to the plate and make a commitment... Really, this is not to belittle anyone. Likely as I have not ridden my bike much over the last two years, I will be moving on in the not to distant future...

In situations as described above, this is what ' I think' needs to be done.

Charles, (Wes and Tracy) I have really enjoyed the many years I have had interacting with members of this forum. It has left me with a feeling of belonging, eased my apprehensions about modding my TW200 and as well, given me an opportunity to contribute to fine folks from all over the world, be they white, black short or tall. It seems we all have a common interest. It seems as well, this fine forum is due for a bit of fine tuning. I suspect you have a process in place to deal with such issues. I suspect as well it will likely take time and money. I have more time than money, but suspect the cash is easier to convert into the change that is needed.

Please reference the suggested changes posted above and rest assured, should the ideas seem worthy, you can count on me (as in the past) to contribute (Pay-Pal) the modest sum of $25. It is my hope as well that others enjoying the forum and seeing the need for change will contribute an amount they are comfortable with.

Thanks again for such a great place to 'PLAY' .... Gerry

(I have now made a commitment to change.........)
    Take care my Friend.........

Well said! I'm in for $25 as well. Where do we send it?
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links