2017, The Year of the TW Adventure
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: 2017, The Year of the TW Adventure

2017, The Year of the TW Adventure

Falling asleep last night rather than counting sheep I counted fun outings on the TWs this last year.
    Despite an unusual winter with multiple extensive & expensive flooding plus various aches, pains and surgeries I somehow managed to spend 38 days out of town on TW trips plus a handful of local day rides. Lucky me!
    Many happy days were what I would call group camp-n-rides with two or more Forum Members. These included the Booneville Rain Ride....Moab21017...Burlington Ridge with Boarder255 & Rider21...Return to the Ssweetwaters....Return to Carson Pass....SanDue's Shasta Bally Ride.
    Other solo scouting trips seemed to have a consistent theme: The previous winter had either left things buried in snow very late in the season or meltwaters had flushed them away. You know, usefull stuff like roads, bridges and campsites.
    Bottom line is despite a few setbacks with the right attitude life can be very good. I found some new places and by sharing them helped solidified some nice friendships.
    I'm hooked on these simple go-anywhere TWs and the nice go-anywhere people who ride them.
    Thanks and appreciation to all those who traveled far and wide to join up on these group rides. Hope it was as memorable for them as it was for me.

P.S. -This was what greeted me on my driveway one morning three days after having everything re-built. Previous 26 days I had to hike in awaiting snow to melt that had buried more extensive flood erosion. Version 2.jpg
    Last edited by Fred; 01-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    Tweaker, Donzo, admiral and 16 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Looking forward to camp and rides..... 2018..... to start!
    SanDue, littletommy and Ken like this.

Certainly planning another trip into the Sweetwater Mountain range once things melt out. Let's do it again Don!
    For now the upcoming lunar eclipse and full moon at end of January makes a good excuse to try something in the Sierra Foothills. Michigan Bluff and portions of the Western States Trail? Some of the old prospector's tracks in the gold country? Donzo must know good examples.stevens trail iowa hill.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I went out 3 days ago and couldn't even make it thru Park Creek to Mormon
    Emigrant! While we have not had much snow - cold temps have kept the snow and ice on the northern slopes along the trails ...but, if the weather continues to be dry with warmish afternoons - we could get there - I'm going out to check out a couple trails now (see how far I can get) and will share pics when I get back.
    It is so nice here at my house warm and still air - I have been painting my work shop - not something you usually do in late Dec - early Jan. But I'm 3 - 6,000 feet below where I ride 10 - 20 miles away.

Oh and count on me for Sweetwater!
    littletommy, Ken and Ebbanflood like this.

I just got back from my first TW ride of the New Year. It was great to get out rolling again. Unseasonal heat wave here too after so many sub-zero weeks. Funny thing, I've been painting too.
    My Clarke XT350 tank needed a make-over as part of a new look.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-01-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Congratulations Fred!! That must have felt great after (?patiently?) waiting so long since the surgery.

You da man!!
    Ken and Tweaker like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Ken
    That's a lot of great riding Fred. I'm glad your hip is better after surgery. I'm glad you rolled into the new year.
    littletommy and Purple like this.

Seemed an appropriate way to user in the new year since things are so unseasonably dry and warm.
    Mid-40's now as I have just returned from today's second ride to observe the rise of the Super Blue Moon just outside Reno. Really nice, was intending to go out for just a taste but I got into the groove and extended the ride just to make my wife worry. I adapted; what seemed initially cold eventually became "cool" instead. Night riding has become an interesting new dimension to the TW experience. Leather helps.
    In person the rising moon was more orange than blue.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-01-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Ken
    Cool pics as always.
    littletommy and PlacerLode like this.

Based on your moon talk, last night I went outside to take a look. Beautiful it was. I took several pictures but none came out. I’m amazed you are out riding already. Wow, take it slow and easy though.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links