MASA -Medical Transport Solutions
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 1 Post By Gerry

Thread: MASA -Medical Transport Solutions

MASA -Medical Transport Solutions

I am interested in this insurance and was wondering if any one was a member?
    I went to there presentation and it looks worth the money if I need to get airlifted out of a place. I carry the SPOT just in case of an emergency and our insurance at this time covers the cost, but when we retire Our insurance is going to change.
    admiral likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    I am interested in this insurance and was wondering if any one was a member?
    I went to there presentation and it looks worth the money if I need to get airlifted out of a place. I carry the SPOT just in case of an emergency and our insurance at this time covers the cost, but when we retire Our insurance is going to change.
    I thought SPOT had some kind of Emergency Insurance as part of the plan. I have a SPOT too and should find out.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I thought you could buy rescue insurance from them on top of your regular SPOT premiums.

GEOS Search and Rescue
    GEOS provides S.O.S. monitoring included in your basic service. You can upgrade to the GEOS Member Benefit for reimbursement of up to $100K in Search and Rescue (SAR) expenses - even coordinating a private SAR contractor if needed to get you to safety.
    Only $17.95 per year

The Power Behind the Button
    GEOS provides S.O.S. monitoring and emergency dispatch through the dedicated International Emergency Rescue Coordination Centre (IERCC) based in Houston, Texas.

The IERCC is manned 24/7 with dedicated and highly trained operatives who have access to emergency responders worldwide to ensure that in an emergency your situation will be dealt with efficiently and you will receive the resources you need. In fact, the average response time from the receipt of your S.O.S. message until referring an emergency responder is only 11 minutes, wherever you are in the world.

Once a S.O.S. message has been received, the IERCC calls your emergency contact(s) to make sure that it wasn't a false alarm. They locate and notify an emergency responder, and then maintain an open line of communication, including providing updates of your location if needed. The IERCC will also keep your emergency contact(s) informed.

The dedicated IERCC staff will always go the extra mile. If you upgrade your service to include the GEOS SAR Member Benefit and require it, GEOS will even locate a private SAR contractor and coordinate the SAR response. Only once you are safely out of harm's way and being treated in a hospital (if necessary) with your family notified, does the IERCC stand down and declare the incident closed.
    Last edited by ejfranz; 01-24-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added info on spot service
    Fred likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

'For the eight years I used my Spot paying the extra money for helicopter evac seemed like a good idea. For most adventures no one's going get an ambulance on site and now a days doubt anyone is going to want to haul you out in a 4x4 unless it is something simple like a sprained ankle.
    ejfranz likes this.
    Take care my Friend.........

Sponosred Links