Blood thinner
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Blood thinner

Blood thinner

I was at the University of Washington where they have been monitering my heart issue for the last couple years yesterday.

When doing a ride with Fred a few years ago in the high mountains I was in trouble. My body was retaining fluid and I had to head for home. Since then I finally got a doc that really has helped. My heart has shrunk back down and is putting out 50% more blood than it was.

So here is my issue. I am being put on Eloquis. I am told that if I hit my head to immediately go to the hospital for an MRI to check for bleeds. I have been on warfarin and they can't seem to get me regulated. It is safer as they can use vitamin K to thicken the blood. Eliquis has nothing that can stop it's effectiveness.

So here is my problem. I am thinking of letting all my bikes go to better homes. Will pick up a sidexside and become a putt putt as bad as I hate to. I have a 94, an 03 and a 09 TW, a ct110 honda that is near a museum piece, a Kawasaki 1500 vulcan and a honda goldwing 1800. The two big ones are set up for pulling a trailer. I have one trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I was at the University of Washington where they have been monitering my heart issue for the last couple years yesterday.

When doing a ride with Fred a few years ago in the high mountains I was in trouble. My body was retaining fluid and I had to head for home. Since then I finally got a doc that really has helped. My heart has shrunk back down and is putting out 50% more blood than it was.

So here is my issue. I am being put on Eloquis. I am told that if I hit my head to immediately go to the hospital for an MRI to check for bleeds. I have been on warfarin and they can't seem to get me regulated. It is safer as they can use vitamin K to thicken the blood. Eliquis has nothing that can stop it's effectiveness.

So here is my problem. I am thinking of letting all my bikes go to better homes. Will pick up a sidexside and become a putt putt as bad as I hate to. I have a 94, an 03 and a 09 TW, a ct110 honda that is near a museum piece, a Kawasaki 1500 vulcan and a honda goldwing 1800. The two big ones are set up for pulling a trailer. I have one trailer.
    I say you should buy the very best helmet that money can buy and keep on riding! Seriously. I have hit my head on many occasions and all of the worst ones were while I was either walking or stationary "standing up or bending over". Don't quit doing what you love just do the best you can to minimize risk.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

What ^^^^^^^^ said!
    putt-putt

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

First dibs on the CT110...
    Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Try to keep riding brother Plumb or we can bubble wrap you up before you ride.

Last edited by littletommy; 01-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

We don’t stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing! (George Bernard Shaw)

Ride on...

Plumb, my Mother was on the rat poison for the latter part of her life. She took a header off a small step once and a small gash caused a real mess and took two months to seal up. I know where you are coming from but packing it in will only increase the depression. Pick one, your fav, and keep it. Unload the rest or hang on to em to look at and will them to someone you love. The Tdub is the next thing to a scooter and a lot safer. Maybe keep riding but fall back with the weenies (like me. lol). You will still enjoy life.

I totally agree with Fred. You need a very good helmet and by all means continue riding. Yesterday I was in my shed looking for my tank bag, I had stupidly left my framing square hanging from my top shelf. It came off and the corner of it hit me square in the forehead above my left eye, it looked like I was on blood thinners. I agree with Tom that it is all of the other things in life that you need to be careful of. You should consider keeping a hardhat handy for normal chores around the property.

Just a guess that they are not talking about bleeding from getting a cut on his head.
    More likely talking about his brain bouncing around from a fall strength impact; which no helmet will stop.
    Even with a helmet in a SxS; he may have to be cautious enough to not have it bang hard against a roll bar.
    A 3-wheeler on the pavement might be the ticket. Converting the Goldwing, or getting a Slingshot type.
    Good luck in whatever you choose Randall.
    Last edited by old w/??; 01-27-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    plumbstraight and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Try to keep riding brother Plumb or we can bubble wrap you up before you ride.

This guy looks like he is headed out to having his wedding night with a wildcat. lol.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links