cabin fever, boredom or am i just plain going nuts
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: cabin fever, boredom or am i just plain going nuts

cabin fever, boredom or am i just plain going nuts

after a whole week end of moving snow, i had to replace a shear bolt on the snow blower ( glad it waited until i had finished to break) so while i had the garden tractor in my shop, i noticed it had just turned 888.0 hours. now is this part crazy or what. i got it in my head to figure out, at the 6 mph it travels at, how far i could have rode it.( 5328 miles) i figured out i could have gone to the Big Apple and back to Meridian Idaho. another few hours and i could be in the Admiral's driveway. that is alot of seat time and that is only 1 of the tractors we use, and the stock tractor seat is more comfy than a stock yamaha or suzuki seat, thank God for that, i would have had a sore butt by the time i got to the Rockys. So who votes for Crazy?RIMG1296.JPG
    Last edited by grewen; 01-29-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I vote for install the tractor seat on your TW and ride it for 888 hours....how's that for cray cray?

That is a lot of seat time. I think you should drive it to the parade this year.

All kidding aside, I would love to do this one year. I don't have a tractor or anywhere to keep it but I never let the facts get in the way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

tractor parade looks cool, to go across a bridge that long a guy might need a tent and sleeping bag
    littletommy, Ebbanflood and Ken like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I vote for install the tractor seat on your TW and ride it for 888 hours....how's that for cray cray?
    i figured at 50 mph, that would be 44,400 miles, which is 11.2 times from Vancouver bc, to Sydney NS. i think i might get bored and wear out a brand new TW
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Are you pulling a George Jones on your tractor or just riding around your property?

In 1966 Jones, who had been drunk for several days, took a ride on a lawn mower. Why? Because his wife at the time, Shirley Ann Corley, took away all the keys. But she forgot the ones to the mower. ‘I can vaguely remember my anger at not being able to find keys to anything that moved,’ Jones recalled in his autobiography I Lived To Tell It All. So when he saw the keys in the mower, he decided to ride it into town. What a sight that must have been.

Years later, Jones took the story and turned it into a song. ‘I saw those blue lights flashin’/Over my left shoulder/He walked right up and said/”Get off that riding mower”/I said “Sir, let me explain/ Before you put me in the tank/She took my keys away/And now she won’t drive me to drink.’

They say the best songs come from real life experiences and George Jones had a lot of experience in life and a lot of great songs. He will be missed.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Are you pulling a George Jones on your tractor or just riding around your property?

In 1966 Jones, who had been drunk for several days, took a ride on a lawn mower. Why? Because his wife at the time, Shirley Ann Corley, took away all the keys. But she forgot the ones to the mower. ‘I can vaguely remember my anger at not being able to find keys to anything that moved,’ Jones recalled in his autobiography I Lived To Tell It All. So when he saw the keys in the mower, he decided to ride it into town. What a sight that must have been.

Years later, Jones took the story and turned it into a song. ‘I saw those blue lights flashin’/Over my left shoulder/He walked right up and said/”Get off that riding mower”/I said “Sir, let me explain/ Before you put me in the tank/She took my keys away/And now she won’t drive me to drink.’

They say the best songs come from real life experiences and George Jones had a lot of experience in life and a lot of great songs. He will be missed.

this tractor is just for doing chores, but i do have my favorite tractor all rebuilt and atv tires with dual exhaust all ready to go, if she takes my keys away. this one does a little better than the 6 mph, that the other does.RIMG0182.JPG
    Last edited by grewen; 01-29-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I suppose that is better than being indoors teaching your cat sign language
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I collect 300 series. What is it and what’s in it?

Was not there a fellow who hooked a trailer to his riding mower and traveled across the country?
    grewen and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links