Guns and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act
Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Guns and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

Guns and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

SanDue and TopPredator like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Such a biased report ...... i just signed 3 more family members up for the NRA and paid for it just to spite this report.
    DougDotyTW200, SanDue, Mel and 3 others like this.

Bad guys and law breakers are already armed, Allowing honest clean record non law breakers to carry when and where they want will not cause more issues and only serve as warning to those who use them for ill conceived purposes.
    Dryden-Tdub, SanDue, jb882 and 6 others like this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have concealed carry. It is my right as a citizen of the USA and have been checked out by the feds. Being that I do carry when not at home and for the most part it is not an issue. Thing is, when you need to reach and not prepared, it can be the shxts. One night a while back there was a break in in camp. A fellow came to me and asked for help. Not an issue. Picked up some iron and confronted the perpetrator and sent him on the way. You never know what may come your way, be prepared to deal with it. I am a fairly sized fellow, but when it comes to life and dxxxxx, when you ask a person if he/she wants to see the sun come up, it gets they're attention.

Personally, I'm all for a National Concealed Carry law and the right of any responsible, law abiding, citizen to exercise it...... I have had one here in WA. state for going on 39 years now. I make the choice daily, to choose between Kimber, S&W, Ruger or Glock.

That does not mean I would want to make it a requirement for every adult American to own and carry a gun against their wishes, rather an option for those who wish to do so...

I guess you could equate it as a "choice" to have a motorcycle endorsement if you choose to ride a motorcycle, in any state you may ride in or pass thru...... But not requiring it for those who choose not to ride a motorized bike.... It's called "choices" and we all have the right to make our own. Especially, when considering the safety of ourselves and our families.

Did you miss the part where the TV interviewer failed to mention the number of Americans here in the US killed by licensed automobile drivers every day when compared to the number of shooting related deaths by a like number of people who legally carry concealed ?

I missed that part also. But then I herd no mention either, of the lives saved each year by the simple display or in worst case senerio, the actual use by a person with or without a license where their or theirs families lives were at stake.

BTW, those driver licenses are recognized in every state. However, drivers continue to drive distracted, on cell phones, and under the influence, regardless of the laws prohibiting them from doing so....... But I have never heard of anyone wanting to take away the right of interstate travel by US citizens with valid drivers license.

excalibur
    Last edited by excalibur; 02-11-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    2010 TW 200 Dual Sport
    2017 Harley Softail Slim w/110 Cubic Inch Screamin' Eagle engine
    2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4 Quad

The driver's license is a poor analogy for there are no US states where the citizens are denied drivers licenses. If there were then one could discuss visitors from other sites who are permitted to drive. But there aren't so it is a inappropriate comparison.

However I do support the reciprocity act, proponents should just choose a better arguement.
    That law enforcement is opposed is understandable, they respond to incidents and the presence of a firearm under the presumption of guilt, not the presumption of innocence ( that is right only applicable once one enters the judicial system). As such anyone with a firearm needs to be taken down immediately and any innocence determined later once they are in control of the situation. This a real risk run by innocent folks carrying in public. So passing the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act will cause some urban police forces to revise training to insert a another good guy/bad guy evaluation before reacting. Don't want to get sued or fired for putting Joe Innocent's face down on the concrete with the Missus and kids watching just because he was carrying. Police in Arizona and Texas have been trained to co-exist with an armed community, so should L.A. and N.Y.City . I think Concealed Carry should be a nationwide right we should reclaim. Existing regulations are an infringement.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

It wouldn't be so bad to have a national drivers license either. One that is acceptable in all states negating the need to get a new license when you move to a new state.
    Phelonius

I actually do not support this bill at all in its current form. Being a very pro-2A person and a daily carrier of a concealed weapon some find my stance odd but there is a reason for it. As it sits it does nothing to keep states from making new and ever more oppressing firearm laws. I don't think its too far fetched for states like NY, NJ, MD, CT, MA, CA, and all the other firearm unfriendly states from passing new laws to make it even harder to posses a firearm lawfully.

Here is an example. Here in Mass we have 10rd limits on any firearm built after 1994 and a roster of "approved" firearms. If someone from say Maine came to Mass with their legally owned Glock 19 gen5 and its standard magazine they are instantly breaking the law based off that magazine alone and subject to arrest if caught. Same if the firearm was not on the "approved" roster which sometimes takes an extended period for newly released products. If this new law passes i can see states like mass putting even more and tougher restrictions on firearms to make it damn near impossible to carry in these states especially for those coming from out of state.

In my opinion this bill as written serves red states that dont have oppressive laws very well but will be an unintended disaster in states that already infringe on our rights. It only serves to make those states a lot worse, the one i live in included and especially NY and CA. In my opinion even a national gun law that takes away the states abilities to regulate firearms fixes nothing unless the supreme court backs it, the next time the D(bags) are in power they will just reverse it. To date they have taken the stance that the 2A is not an unlimited right and that regulation is acceptable. Until they say its an absolute right and cannot be regulated by anyone this will never get better.
    Last edited by jb882; 02-12-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

What can I say. Criminals will continue to buy or steal the guns they want with no regard for state laws. They will use those weapons in whatever manner they choose and on whomever they choose. Maybe I will be an intended victim someday and maybe I won't. I will never be an easy victim though. The part of all of this that really pisses me off is that our elected officials do not take gun crimes seriously! They will jail a citizen from another state who innocently crossed a state line and sought out the police to figure out what options were available under the circumstance. Meanwhile they will plea down a career criminal who used a gun in the commission of a crime and 6 months later they will be back on the street doing what they do.

I have zero fear of the people who legally obtain a carry conceal permit. I am terrified of the politicians who promise public safety by removing my ability to protect myself and my loved ones.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Certainly the punishment for minor state law weapon violations seem disproportionally high compared to Dryden-Tdub's good example. One can only hope there is discretionary and judicious application of existing laws by reasonable law enforcement officers.
    For example while riding with admiral this summer high on a remote California mountain range he carried his .357 hogleg in a saddle horn suspended holster in blatant violation of California's open carry prohibition. There was no one around to have been offended. Had an Sheriff come buy out there I doubt a word would have been said. Had same sheriff encountered us back in town, or had we spoken with California Highway Patrol on the highway then likely a different story. We would have had to pool our money for his bail after sweet talking officer to not tow his bike to an impound lot 50 miles away. Setencing hearings would be just about concluded about now...
    So that is an analogy to this whole debate; what seems reasonable to many in the rural west is seen as a path to disaster in more urban areas, especially those with existing firearm related crime problems.
    It is a dilemma. I have learned that there are different realities for different people. I do not accept absolutes. Your valid truth may not match my truth and that is OK.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links